Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I was cruising with my buddy around his yard maybe 15-20mph and while i was driving it just shut down and came to a stop. i then tried to start it and it makes a weird grinding noise. but the cord is still hard to pull and chugs so there still has to be compression. im thinking its maybe a spun bearing or something to do with the crank?

please help all my friends finally just got there sleds running and now im the onlyone here with a dead sled

The sled is a 98 Formula Z Deluxe 583
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,882 Posts
pull the plugs out, how doo they look? take a tiny flashlight and inspect the tops of the pistons/cyl wall at diff strokes, does it turn by hane w/o plugs in it? compression test if all looks good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iansmxz said:
pull the plugs out, how doo they look? take a tiny flashlight and inspect the tops of the pistons/cyl wall at diff strokes, does it turn by hane w/o plugs in it? compression test if all looks good
[snapback]711760[/snapback]​
ok i have a friend now thats going to be coming over with a tester. i will go look then.

what kinda #'s should i be looking for ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twizted said:
iansmxz said:
pull the plugs out, how doo they look? take a tiny flashlight and inspect the tops of the pistons/cyl wall at diff strokes, does it turn by hane w/o plugs in it? compression test if all looks good
[snapback]711760[/snapback]​
ok i have a friend now thats going to be coming over with a tester. i will go look then.

what kinda #'s should i be looking for ?
[snapback]711778[/snapback]​
125-75
 

·
Really, really, really super-freakin'-cool Mem
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
anybody up for deep-fried rings? j/k. that sucks, man. i just had mine rebuilt. i toasted my rings in both jugs and it took my mechanic about 3 months to get her fixed, so i know what it's like to have to stay at home while everone goes out to play. best of luck to ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ski-Dooer583 said:
anybody up for deep-fried rings? j/k. that sucks, man. i just had mine rebuilt. i toasted my rings in both jugs and it took my mechanic about 3 months to get her fixed, so i know what it's like to have to stay at home while everone goes out to play. best of luck to ya.
[snapback]711983[/snapback]​
yeahh i did it a couple times.. about how $ is it gonna run me to do a rebuild? and does anyone know where i could get the parts?
 

·
Really, really, really super-freakin'-cool Mem
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
mine cost 700 bucks, 550 for parts, 150 for labor. i got a 583 as well, so it might be similar. pistons were about 65 each. then i need rings, gaskets, cylinders bored .040 over, carbs cleaned, oil cable, starter rope, etc....for the pistons and related, i would suggest dealer parts. it was cheaper than the wiseco kit for mine($215 instead of $270). just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ski-Dooer583 said:
anybody up for deep-fried rings? j/k. that sucks, man. i just had mine rebuilt. i toasted my rings in both jugs and it took my mechanic about 3 months to get her fixed, so i know what it's like to have to stay at home while everone goes out to play. best of luck to ya.
[snapback]711983[/snapback]​
yeahh i did it a couple times.. about how $ is it gonna run me to do a rebuild? and does anyone know where i could get the parts?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top