Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week back i picked up my 500ss. When i got it, it was prepped with, the 100% Synthetic XP-S. I want to run the cheap Mineral Oil. The dealer completely downed the Mineral oIL and wanted me to only run a 100% syn, regardless of brand. So, the question is, since this has been prepped, and i have started it to get it on and off the trailer. It has 0 miles. 60 out right as i speak. I have to drive a few hours north (im in s. nj) I hope to get to use it before soon, but iWould it be wise to go with the 100% against dealers advice or just run it. I like synthetic but at break in i know it is bad on the rings, right? I figure i have enough expense, and if the Mineral oil will work, and it has alot of good feedback on here as it is. Fwiw, the dealer told me not to believe what i read on Dootalk, hahaha. But i still wouldnt mind hearing what people think.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
mineral oil is recommended by BRP, you dont "have" to use anything other than that.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
let me just add to that too, XP-S mineral oil is recommended. I would stick with the XP-S brand unless you want to go through a bunch of BS if your motor ever does die on you.

Im not sure about where to find it online for ya, maybe some of the other guys that are from the US can chime in and help ya on that!

·
Super Moderator
31,536 Posts
For the 500SS mineral oil is fine. If you want added cold weather pour protection (for extream conditions), go with the semi-synthetic. I can't think of a reason to use full synethic in that engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.