Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I went out to the black hills Lead, SD and was doing some deep snow riding with my 03 440. Had clutch set on 5, 270 jets Temp, low to mid 20's, High comp heads, 92 pump mixing 40:1. Ran like a charm. Plugs good and everything. Once I got done riding in the powder i noticed that my brake light was on. I opened her up and the brake housing was really hot, rotor cool. ???? Light stayed on all day yesterday and today. Rotor only was hot once and that was after 30 miles straight trail. I hardley use my brakes and I am baffled as to why the brake is staying shut. Brake fluid full by the way. Brake pads are fine. Any suggestions skidoosteve, Revbaron? Anyone?? please help

p.s. If it is an easy fix I will get her done right away. If not I will wait til summer when I tear her all down and put a new motor in her. Was gonna do an 800 H.O. but it seemed like my buddies sled was alot heavier. (nautarally!) I would like to have a light sled but a little more power. Any suggestions.

Rode a 06 900 RMK 151 for a little too and that is a PIG!! The 06 Switchback 600 was alright too.

please help.!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Maybe the resistanse is broken? If not there could be a short-circut somewhere that make it light all the time. If not the bulb/pear is defect.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Proxi said:
Maybe the resistanse is broken? If not there could be a short-circut somewhere that make it light all the time. If not the bulb/pear is defect.
[snapback]734594[/snapback]​
Im not sure, but isn't the brake light, and the temp light the same thing?

Just a thought

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SkiDoo583Man said:
Proxi said:
[snapback]734594[/snapback]​
Im not sure, but isn't the brake light, and the temp light the same thing?

Just a thought
[snapback]734662[/snapback]​
no there is a seperate light on the sled for temp. The actual pads are somewhat rubbing on the disc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Did you check the brake sensor??? look on the back of handle,under the park brake, there is a liitle grey plastic button that threads into the brake handle, i have broken many of these and the light stays on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rosa said:
Did you check the brake sensor??? look on the back of handle,under the park brake, there is a liitle grey plastic button that threads into the brake handle, i have broken many of these and the light stays on.
[snapback]735419[/snapback]​
did not know that, I will check that later today and let you know. Thanks for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts