Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the sled for a quick rip tonight and while out I noticed my brakes worked fine and then all of a sudden got really squishy and then no brakes so I pumped it about 20times, and brakes work again! Don’t really want this happening when I’m out on trails I’m assuming just air in the line but how do I know when is a good time to do new brakes or new brake fluid change, thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Somthing pushed your caliper in I would investigate, last thing you want is that to happen when you need them most. Look for loose bearing in drive shaft. If that checks out you need to find out if you had air in them and why. It’s a closed system no reason air should be in them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
In your case Now is a good time. I noticed my master was soft. I had a bad seal. Replaced it and the lever is nice and firm. May want to check your rotor to.

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
My 16 did this last year - Pads were worn pretty good. Replaced pads and bled brakes and all was good again.

My wifes 14 started doing it last weekend, so grabbed new pads and fluid again, will tear into it this weekend.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah was going to replace pads at the end of this season, just wanted to make sure that’s what it was

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,070 Posts
Check your fluid, if its full of water it will boil at lower temps and you will lose compression from the master cyl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Change your brake fluid, some of my friends had problems like this. When you get moisture/water in your brake system two things can happen. The brake fluid boils and the brakes can lock up or you can loose your brakes. I change my brake fluid every 2nd year, it also prevent corrosion in your brake system that can damage the master cylinder, caliper or seals and also give you a much better brake feel. So step 1 change brake fluid and try your sled in a open safe place, and if not cured you have to change seals in your master cylinder or caliper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts