Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had any brake problems with their XPs? I have a 09 800 ptek 154" and my brake is starting to fade. It seems fine when I first start out then Ill go to use it and there will be nothing there. I have to "pump it" to get a feel back. It was leaking abit of fluid out of the resivoir but I took off the cap, refilled and flipped the rubber boot around and that helped the small leak but it still looses its stiff feel? Gets worse when the sled is upside down. Its not leaking anywhere else that I can see. Did I just get air in the line some how? Any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bleed system using suction. If you want to go for the ultimate heat resistance use Motul DOT5.1 fluid or RBF600. DOT5.0 no bueno.

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
I bought a $6 big arse syringe from a drug store, put the 1/4 line on it, filled with brake fluid and did the BRP procedure.

brake syringe.jpg

You push the fluid from the bottom of the caliper and all the air comes out of the brake fluid reservoir at the handlebar.

works like a shot...hahaha....gettit..."shot"

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
You should check to make sure the pads are sliding in the caliper. My 09 had started to stick on the caliper pins.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You can use that big syringe for the suction method as well as the injection bleed.
The suction works sort of okay.....trying to force the air down. Injection pushes the air up.... the air wants out and is pretty sure it has to go up to be free. The air will cooperate better with injection method... works better on cars and pu's too.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
In many cases the first thing you do is empty the master cylinder using the syringe to suck out and eliminate the used fluid. Disgard the old fluid. Refill the master with new fluid and use suction to renew the fluid in the brake line. Finally, use injection to finish the job and remove all bubbles.

Old fluid boils easier when water is absorbed into the hygroscopic brake fluid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts