Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the Fars Riser with extension and IsoVibe. Had dealer install 1" longer cable last year and traded in that sled on a new one. Looking to do this myself but not sure what cable I should order. I see the summit cable is 3" longer and thinking that may be too long but not sure. Anyone else do this?

·
Maine Pilot
1,454 Posts
Using the Fars Riser with extension and IsoVibe. Had dealer install 1" longer cable last year and traded in that sled on a new one. Looking to do this myself but not sure what cable I should order. I see the summit cable is 3" longer and thinking that may be too long but not sure. Anyone else do this?
You don't need a ISO Vibe on a 900 Turbo !

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The 900T is very smooth!

Bob

·
Registered
494 Posts
Back to your original question, I would think 3" longer vs 1" longer you could find a way to loop the extra 2". I don't think it would be a problem but I am not 100% sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thinking about the math on this, the original cable was set up for the FARS riser only. You added the doo extension (45mm) and the IsoVibe (45mm) for a total of 90mm. That is 3.5" rounded to the nearest 1/4". The 3" longer summit cable should work fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts