Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying reeds soon for my 96 F111 600. Undecided between the 2?? Here too many guys complining bout the V-force carb boots not lasting & prone to cracking just wondering if any of you guys running Boyesen rage cage & how Doo you like them??? Thanx Todd.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Buying reeds soon for my 96 F111 600. Undecided between the 2?? Here too many guys complining bout the V-force carb boots not lasting & prone to cracking just wondering if any of you guys running Boyesen rage cage & how Doo you like them??? Thanx Todd.
I had both brands of reeds, neither came with boots.... unless they do now??? V-force 2 were supposed to be the best with normal size triples, the big displacement guys liked the boyesens... petals lasted better...

I have a new set of v-force 2 reeds if you're lookin... (lol)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
On the triples with V-force, They use stock intake boots.
I cannot say anything bad about boyesen cause I never used them before.
I am running V-Force 2 (Deltaforce) in both my triples and always liked them.
V-Force do give Intake manifolds for the twin guys. And yes they are a terrible rubber compound that do crack, and seperate from the aluminum plate. But that is nothing you will need to worry about.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
There's always the Boyesen two stage petals for the stock cage. Good for motors that haven't been worked over real bad.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some slight cracking on my original boots, time too change. For some reason I thought the after markets come with boots also LOL. Yes or No??? How much for the delta 2 's Rev??? & where can I get new boots??

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I'm running v-force 2 in my triple and have been for years and never had one problem with them and you can use your stock boots with them with a small mod to the boots just a little triming.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I have some slight cracking on my original boots, time too change. For some reason I thought the after markets come with boots also LOL. Yes or No??? How much for the delta 2 's Rev??? & where can I get new boots??
are you familiar with todd at dynatek? he had some made from different rubber... might wanna check. I just sold my used set of boots..

not sure what the reeds are worth...make an offer...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sheesh not sure what to offer ya either LOL??? they are new??? not used correct?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
How much Doo you want for the V-2's 1019Revagade??

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are the gaskets something I need to get from V- force or can they be had from Bombi?? Either way I like your price & happy ta see your in Canada also
I will keep in touch. Todd.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Are the gaskets something I need to get from V- force or can they be had from Bombi?? Either way I like your price & happy ta see your in Canada also
I will keep in touch. Todd.
You can use bombi gaskets, but will need to trim them to fit around V-force cage.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You can get the gaskets in Canada from Royal. They also have replacement boots. You will not notice any difference in a stock motor between any of the reeds, stock or aftermarket.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You can get the gaskets in Canada from Royal. They also have replacement boots. You will not notice any difference in a stock motor between any of the reeds, stock or aftermarket.
Hello Peter...How is Kiersten doing? On a stock motor the best bang for the buck was to use the stock reed cage and install Boyesen's reed pedals...really cleans up the low end, makes the motor run a little crisper...Allen.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm running Crankshop Improvers @ 9400 RPM, Clutched etc so I think the reeds should be a nice touch NO????? nothing else done to motor. Have to replace boots so I thought might as well add some new reeds too.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL Yepperz, runs nice & strong too! Buddys got a 08 f-8 cat no match, until she blows ha ha got just over 7000 miles on her now maybe next year I will Doo complete rebuild with some mild porting or this winter if she doesnt hold up??? fresh rings bout 2500 mi ago.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Imagine what it would run like with porting to match those CS Improver pipes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts