Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 2005 renegade last year , brand new from my dealer . last weekend it blew up , took to the dealer , figured out the rings were the same as the 04 junk ones . this sled only has 1200 miles on it , they checked the warranty , it was expired. i then called the customer service dept. , told them my story , they informed me that my 05 renegade was really , quote an 04 and a half unquote . how can they do this ?? i am not sure what i am going to do, but i have been advised to take legal action . anyone else had this happen ? bottom line... if i wanted something other than an 05 i would have bought a used one . here is a final message to BRP , you people better start taking more pride in your product, or you`ll be out in the cold from alot of customers.. the yamaha sickness is spreading like the bird flu !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
get a lawyer. Know a guy that had the same thing happen w/ a outboard motor. He told the dealer that he'll be contacting his lawyer and the dealer folded right then. Got him a new motor.
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
when you say you bought an 05 last year, do you mean in the fall 04/winter 05? or fall 05/winter 06 ( as in now) And you had 1 year warranty? or 2 years warranty?

If you bought is last winter, and you only had 1 year warranty, then you are SOL. If you had 2 yr warranty then you should be covered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
sounds like its the early release and yes it was relelased in early 04 so depending on wether it was a demo whatever your warranty is more than likley out. a good dealer should be able to talk brp into goodwill meaning they will cover parts, owner responsible for labour and mabye gaskets
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
what he is refering to is the mid-season release for the 2003-2004 riding season. you all should remember that they released the "2005" Renegade 600 SDI in Mid-04 so your warrenty would start right then and end in mid-05. sorry about your luck...but it really is an 04 1/2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
I believe that the warranty is for one year from purchase date. If you bought it less than 12 months ago or took delivery less than 12 months ago it should be covered. In any case I would raise a real stink about the situation.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SkidooMan said:
what he is refering to is the mid-season release for the 2003-2004 riding season. you all should remember that they released the "2005" Renegade 600 SDI in Mid-04 so your warrenty would start right then and end in mid-05. sorry about your luck...but it really is an 04 1/2.
[snapback]728192[/snapback]​
pay attention !! its an 800 , 05 renegade with power tek .....supposedly...??
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
Team Baitpile Racer said:
i bought a 2005 renegade last year , brand new from my dealer . last weekend it blew up , took to the dealer , figured out the rings were the same as the 04 junk ones . this sled only has 1200 miles on it , they checked the warranty , it was expired. i then called the customer service dept. , told them my story , they informed me that my 05 renegade was really , quote an 04 and a half unquote . how can they do this ?? i am not sure what i am going to do, but i have been advised to take legal action . anyone else had this happen ? bottom line... if i wanted something other than an 05 i would have bought a used one . here is a final message to BRP , you people better start taking more pride in your product, or you`ll be out in the cold from alot of customers.. the yamaha sickness is spreading like the bird flu !!!

[snapback]728137[/snapback]​
Just so you know....I do not see anywhere in your post or your profile that stated it was an 800PT. So you might want to take this

(SkidooMan @ Feb 21 2006, 05:40 PM)
what he is refering to is the mid-season release for the 2003-2004 riding season. you all should remember that they released the "2005" Renegade 600 SDI in Mid-04 so your warrenty would start right then and end in mid-05. sorry about your luck...but it really is an 04 1/2.
pay attention !! its an 800 , 05 renegade with power tek .....supposedly...??
back.....
 

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
7,497 Posts
The '05 renegades were 'supposed' to have the powerteks, i know my buddys spring order 05 gade 800 only says "DPM" on the sticker on the tunnel and mine says "PTEK"

Maybe BRP was screwing everyone on the '05s...
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
whats the serial # of the sled....cause if I remember correctly there were rumours of a running change for the rings that year...
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
doo rider said:
Team Baitpile Racer said:
i bought a 2005 renegade last year , brand new from my dealer . last weekend it blew up , took to the dealer , figured out the rings were the same as the 04 junk ones . this sled only has 1200 miles on it , they checked the warranty , it was expired. i then called the customer service dept. , told them my story , they informed me that my 05 renegade was really , quote an 04 and a half unquote . how can they do this ?? i am not sure what i am going to do, but i have been advised to take legal action . anyone else had this happen ? bottom line... if i wanted something other than an 05 i would have bought a used one . here is a final message to BRP , you people better start taking more pride in your product, or you`ll be out in the cold from alot of customers.. the yamaha sickness is spreading like the bird flu !!!

[snapback]728137[/snapback]​
Just so you know....I do not see anywhere in your post or your profile that stated it was an 800PT. So you might want to take this

(SkidooMan @ Feb 21 2006, 05:40 PM)
what he is refering to is the mid-season release for the 2003-2004 riding season. you all should remember that they released the "2005" Renegade 600 SDI in Mid-04 so your warrenty would start right then and end in mid-05. sorry about your luck...but it really is an 04 1/2.
pay attention !! its an 800 , 05 renegade with power tek .....supposedly...??
back.....

[snapback]728613[/snapback]​
easy easy , was just kiddin` notice the "supposedly" at the end , my bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I have a early release gad the motor blew I called my dealer he said warrenty was good until march of this year .A week later and a 50 dollar deductable and i am rolling again..I bought the sled in march of 04.

Dave
 

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
Joined
·
15,501 Posts
so is this one of the downfalls of springorders? 1 year warranty is half used by the time you get the sled? or does it start in the fall when you pick it up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,793 Posts
03adrenalineHO said:
so is this one of the downfalls of springorders? 1 year warranty is half used by the time you get the sled? or does it start in the fall when you pick it up?

[snapback]730512[/snapback]​
starts when you pick it up!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
I had an early release (January 04) Renagade. 600SDI with the 16" track. They had red bumpers, side panels and trunk. It was registered and titled as an 05. The warranty starts when you pick it up. Doesnt matter when as long as it wasnt sold used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
The only 2005's that have PT were spring order x packages or GTX ltd. PT was not available mid season 2003/2004.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
So what is it an early release or a PT lets make up our mind.......
I have the early release bought it in April/04 it had the chrome moly rings. The registration says it's an 05...........
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top