Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a buddies wife's 19 850 Blizzard as she doesn't want to ride any longer. It has 1,200 miles and appears to be in stellar condition. My buddy does take care of his stuff, but is there anything I should pay particular attention to before next season? It's going to be a back up to my new mach. The only time it's been to the dealer was for some recall for the fuel system

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Rave valve O- rings with probably need replaced with the updated O-rings. Also you should replace the secondary clutch rollers, with aftermarket rollers, or when you least expect it they will fail. Mine did..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
X2 on the driven rollers. your mileage is low, but I wouldn't run them much more than 2500 miles if you ride hard. When they fail, it's a tow home. Have had good luck with the doo docs tuff rollers. Both our 18 and 19 850s failed. Enjoy your new sleds !

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
My 2019 did not need new o rings you can call skidoo give them your vin. I did my qrs rollers got C&T power sports ones before stock ones break also greases my bearing right behind the secondary not much grease on there from the factory also good to put iso in needle bearings in primary

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Replace the oetiker clamp on the head outlet with a gear hose clamp. There is a bulletin, notice, recall I think. We had one let go on a 19 this season, what a mess and killed a morning.

Tried to copy and paste bulletin campaign # 2019 -10 , but this POS site wont allow it to happen.

·
Registered
758 Posts
For Pete's sake, it's got 1200 miles on it. He shouldn't have to replace ANYTHING for maintenance, especially on a trail sled. Sure, check the recalls if you even want to deal with that.

Just because an item failed on your sled, doesn't mean everyone has to take notice and fix theirs. One post says 2500 miles to replace the rollers, but he's only got 1200 but says to replace. Makes no sense.

The sled is darn near new, not some clapped out Rev with 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
For Pete's sake, it's got 1200 miles on it. He shouldn't have to replace ANYTHING for maintenance, especially on a trail sled. Sure, check the recalls if you even want to deal with that.

Just because an item failed on your sled, doesn't mean everyone has to take notice and fix theirs. One post says 2500 miles to replace the rollers, but he's only got 1200 but says to replace. Makes no sense.

The sled is darn near new, not some clapped out Rev with 10,000 miles.
If your talking about the secondary rollers I would change them the stock rollers are garbage yes they shouldn't break but they do and when they break your trip is done

·
Registered
388 Posts
Rollers can go anytime, I believe it’s heat that may cause them to go. There were at least 20 people including myself that had their weekend cut short because of roller failure. Just trying to be helpful, but maybe I should have kept my comments to myself.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If your talking about the secondary rollers I would change them the stock rollers are garbage yes they shouldn't break but they do and when they break your trip is done
Not to mention the ridiculous roll pin they use to pin the roller bolt. Would love to see what doo quotes for the warranty time to complete the job.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Rollers can go anytime, I believe it's heat that may cause them to go. There were at least 20 people including myself that had their weekend cut short because of roller failure. Just trying to be helpful, but maybe I should have kept my comments to myself.
They may have already been cracked, but I have been standing next to a sled and had them fracture when the rider was using the RER. That noise you here when doing so is the roller going from the forward to reverse position in the helix. Wondering if they have the same issue with the Team secondary ?

·
E-Tec Rules
33,363 Posts
Have had a 850 with 9k miles and still on original rollers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure why the 2nd pic posts upside down......

·
Registered
249 Posts
Upside down pic....... hopefully not a sign of things to come! I am a firm believer in fixing known issues before they become breakdowns on the trail. Why ruin a days ride for yourself and others with you. Towing a sled sucks! I would rather wrench in October, so I can ride in February.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts