Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my $.02 that virtually any vintage Doo oughta run Bosch plugs...I just think they work better/last longer. I'm not necessarily knocking NGK's, but German engines oughta get German plugs.....would you put AC's in your Ford???

Anyway, just got a '76 Elan single and wanna get the right BOSCH plug for it..Napa tells me it should be an <M7AC> but can't seem to cross it to a stock number that they can order from...??&*[email protected]#$~"{/',= HELP!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my '90 Mach1, you're right--the owners manual actually specifies an NGK BR9ES so no doubt I'd use them. But from mid 80's and older I'll bet you a dollar and a donut about 2 things: any given Ski-Doo came with Bosch when it was new [my '81 7500 did!], and the owner's manual says it too... so in that case, why use NGK's???
As far as the Elan goes, I don't have the owners manual and I didn't buy it new....but the plug is an 18mm thread so the NGK equivalent would have to be something like an A6 or A7...B9's wouldn't fit if I wanted them to... HELP ME HERE GUYS.....!!!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
my 1982 ski-doo ciation manuel says br-8es or br-7es, but if urs is the 247cc single ur plug number should be a BOSCH "M 175 T 1 (M 7 A)" according to ski-doo specs

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
well I guess bosch are good. I thought the same as you they came orginal with bosch y not use them, but Man they #*&%in lasted me one season. I have no luck wit those ones, just reg br8es

·
Registered
290 Posts
PLUGS FOR A 76 ELAN ARE M7A 250 SINGLE 250 DELUX W 4A-2 M7A = NGK A6 W4A2- NGK=B7HS AS PER SKI DOO BOOK

·
Vintage DOO lover
1,205 Posts
I have been using NGK plugs in my sleds since 1984 ALL my sleds including the ones that came with Bosch from the get go. Your plug should be an NGK A6. I have had excellent luck and no fouling with NGK. If you feel better about Bosch then use them. I can tell you this, if for no better reason that the plug numbers are easier to remember in NGK I would use them on that alone. They are a darn good plug!

·
Vintage DOO lover
1,205 Posts
No one said they other plugs won't work. I said NGK's work great for me and I can remember the numbers easier. The same goes for autolite plugs. I just don't use them in the sleds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts