Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes a boot for snowmobiling that comes in wide widths? I just tried Baffin Boots and they are too narrow and that was with a size 11. My normal size is 9.5 and a 4A width. I need something that can keep your feet warm in the coldest temperatures (Alaska and Yukon).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bog. They slip on & off easily. Waterproof . And good for - 140.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,386 Posts
Call me crazy but these are Cabela's Whitetail Extreme Hunting Boots.....they are one of the most comfortable, lightweight boots period.......

It's just a plus that they happen to be a 1,200gr thinsulated boot so they are very warm in most all conditions with a medium weight smartwool sock....... I have found them plenty warm for snowmobiling.......... even standing around on the ice all day with just a pair of heavy wool socks over a thin nylon they exceeded my expectation....

Sure there are warmer boots out there but they come with added bulkiness.......and one of the best parts of these boots is they come in many sizes as well as widths to fit most people.......

When I wear these they feel like I have a lightweight hiking shoe on and I can and have actually run in these boots without any clumsiness or getting too fatigued.........do yourself a favor and check these babies out!

Well apparently they don't make this boot anymore..........too bad great boots for little cost and work good with low activity.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have pretty wide feet myself and I have Klim boots, I wasn't to sure on them but once I got them wore in ill never wear anything else. Worth a look imo

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Danner pronghorn 1200/1000/800/400/200/un insulated I have all of them. They are all available in wide widths and they are all the most comfortable boots I have ever purchased and I have allot of them. To be honest I think I could use the 400 gram snowmobiling but I almost always grab the 800 or 1200 depending on the temp. Danner has been making boots for longer than most companies can lie about and they have plenty of ankle support and you can still walk comfortably in them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have pretty wide feet myself and I have Klim boots, I wasn't to sure on them but once I got them wore in ill never wear anything else. Worth a look imo
Same I own Klim Arctic boots and it was one of my best purchases ever. So comfortable and warm. If you're going through water I don't know if I'd trust them to be water proof but wow they are nice boots for riding! I'm sorry but rubber boots no matter the brand will not be as well suited for riding.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Irish Setter Snow Tracker. I bought them for hunting and have been using them for riding. Very comfortable and warm. I'm gonna get another pair in the spring for just hunting and use these for riding.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everybody for your suggestions. I wrote down each recommendation and tomorrow I go around and try on these boots too see which ones fits my feet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cabela's inferno 2000, 2000grams of thinsulate

·
Registered
565 Posts
Who makes a boot for snowmobiling that comes in wide widths? I just tried Baffin Boots and they are too narrow and that was with a size 11. My normal size is 9.5 and a 4A width. I need something that can keep your feet warm in the coldest temperatures (Alaska and Yukon).
White Bata Bunny Boots. A military surplus store or EBay has a good selection. They run large and come in extra wide widths. I wear 14w tennis shoes and wear 12w bunny boots and there a bit big on me.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I know about the White Bata Bunny Boots. Sweeney's here in Soldotna was selling new ones last year for $100.00 a pair. I will check and see if they still sell them. Thanks!

FXR Backshift BOA's added to my list. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Their a lil spendy but their well worth it. I rode on several -15-30° days with normal sox on and my feet stayed warm and happy. These boots impressed me beyond belief.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In our little town of 4300 people, we have a Sportsmans Warehouse that sells Baffin and Sorel, a Polaris dealer that sells Motorfist, Arctic Cat Dealer that sells FXR and a SkiDoo dealer that sells Klim. If they don't have them in stock, then I can drive up to Anchorage, Eagle River and Wasilla to the larger dealers, Cabellas and Bass Pro Shop.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts