Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a new belt on my sled tonight.....sled ran and moved fine on to the trailer....later took it out to go for a blast....and after a lap around the house it was singin....LOUD. Goes away after I blast around then seemed to go away......seems like its rubbing on the primary closest to the motor just a tad.....My other belt was nearly smoked but I got a solid 65 miles out of it (3000 miles on the sled) then she started to come apart. I am wonderin if it needs to break in? I haven't ever heard of this....wonderin if somehow my clutches came out of line? Help!

·
Registered
451 Posts
let your belt brake in for about 30 miles your belt will last a lot longer. If you only got 65 miles out of your last belt there is something wrong. I just took off my belt from last year and i had over a 1000 miles on it and it was just starting to split at the seams. I use ultimax 3 belts i like them much better.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
naah the old belt had tons of miles on it......I'd guess it was only the 2nd belt on the sled....I just rode it about 3 miles seems to be better already. I was worried there for a second....we have a strong 6 inch base here with an inch or more of ice on top.....PERFECT start....and we are gettin 4-6 tomorrow trails in western mass will be mint! Lotta people out tonight anyway.....its fast and crunchy you gotta be careful in the fresh stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts