Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I put it in my 800SDI last year & really did not notice any mileage increase. It seemed to run better and have a little more snap though. Its really hard to tell but that's what I thought.
I also put it in my son's new 500ss right from the start. Did not have a baseline to go by but his sled NEVER got less than 18mpg's. That thin was unbelievable on gas.
The thing that I really like about this oil is no smell & the valves on both my & my son's sled were very clean after 1800 miles.
On my new PTEK, I drained the BOMBI oil and put in the Blue Marble.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
This is my 2nd year w/Blue Marble. 2 things I know for sure.

1- It's thin and the oil pump will need to be turned down. My was at 40-1 and after using the Blue I was at 15-1. Went almost 1000 miles that way.

2- Checked my power valves after 1000 miles at 15-1 expecting them to be gummed. I found them SPOTLESS.

I turned the pump way down but still burning around 27-1 or 30-1. I will stick with BM.

PS I make no claim about milage or speed increases.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I broke my SDI in on BM and so far I like the oil now that I have the pump set to were it burning at 50:1. As far as claims of great gas milage I'm getting around 21mpg(imp) but I think it's the SDI and has nothing to do with the oil although the claims of it being smokeless are true. The first 2000kms the sled was running at 28:1 so when I got the oil pump set back I pulled the Rave valves sprayed them with WD40 and they wiped off clean. We will see as the milage adds up.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
revman600rj said:
Has any one used Blue Marble Oil yet? If so did it help the gas milage like the dearler said it would?

[snapback]261301[/snapback]​
I have a GTX500ss and my Son has a MXZ 500ss trail with 96 studs, both 2005's and after the first tank of ski-doo oil we switched to BM. Within 2 tankfuls of fuel, I believe we noticed a differance. My son's milage shot up to 16-19 mpg and mine was 15-18 mpg riding 2-up consistantly. My son's driving isn't exaclty light on the throttle either. Alot of that driving was at above 60- 70 mph speeds. I believe the smoking went down, but I can't really recall how much it smoked prior, it just seems better now. So far I have all good to say about BM.

·
Registered
645 Posts
have used bm for three years now and i think it is great. ran it at 60 to 1 premix in my mod and never had a prob. except the engine ran a couple hundred rpm higher so i had to do clickers on the clutch. am running it in my new summit now and same thing. engine runs more freely. smokes less than bombi oil by a noticeable bit. as far as fuel mileage-i don't know and its hard to gauge mileage in the mountains. i just know that we all go through a lot of fuel like sh&% through a goose. but with the engine running with less resistance i would imagine trail riders would notice a difference.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ooooooohhhhhhhh, my aching head..... Snake oil salesmen have been telling and convincing people that they will see improved fuel mileage with their oil for EIGHTY YEARS. The sad reality is that any (IF any) increase in fuel mileage from reduced friction would be so slight as to be immeasureable under non-laboratory conditions. Certainly NOT 1, 2, 3, or 4 M.P.G. Any increase you have witnessed is coincidence or placebo. I'm not bashing the BM oil, NO oil could make that dramatic a difference on economy. When choosing an oil consider protection, cleanliness, etc. not silly fuel savings claims.

·
Registered
334 Posts
mine still smokes and i use BM it will smoke up the garage at warm up and when its warmed up it still smokes when i stop at stop signs on the trail , and the sled is brokin in and ive fouled 2 sets of plugs with it already too but............... i havent adjusted my oil pump yet and ill be doing that as soon as winter gets here

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Ryan Britt does!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have used B.M. on both of my sleds and had good luck with it. The Blair Morgan 800 fouled plugs at first but that was because the oil pump was, as the mechanic put it, running extremely fat. After the adjustment everything has been great. The RAVE valves are clean and the rings and compression in both sleds are fine. One sled is a 03 600 H.O.

I have not noticed an increase in gas milage but I was not really expecting one. the only downside that I see is that I had to adjust the idle speed on both machines several times after about 1.5 tank fulls of B.M. No big deal.

I also run the oil in my 70h.p. Yamaha o/b motor durring the summer and I did notice a difference in how smoothly it idled. It also seemed to have just a bit more top end. Overall I'm happy with the product... If only the distribution would get better in Michigan.

Just my .05

·
Registered
351 Posts
How does 2 stroke oil save gas mileage, it still has to lug around a 600+ pound sled? Your engine still sucks in as much fuel mixture per revolution as before whether SDI which is regulated or Carbed?

Can someone enlighten me as to how?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've used it for a year and a half now. I was using Bombi synthetic. BM smokes less, is cheaper, smells better and is biodegradeable. None of those observations are subjective. If all other perfromance characteristics were equal to the Bombi, then the reasons I listed above are enough for me to keep using it. If you poll the sledders that have actually used it, you will find far more satisfied customers than unsatisfied customers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I use it and love it. It was recommended by Big John for my sled. As far mileage goes all I can say is I spend alot less at the pump than my other buddies. That is comparing my heavy thumbed 600 to other 600's as well as 7 & 8's. Typical weekend I burn less oil and spend a significant amount less on gas. Is it a miracle oil I doubt it but my results useage, performance, and savings are enough for me to keep using and recommending it to others.

I also began using it in my lawn equipment (edger, weed eater, and leaf blower)and that crap has never ran better.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just started using it on my new sled this year and so far so good. I don't have a baseline to compare it to but I do know I don't smell it as much as other oils and it is biodegradeable. I am with cheech on this one. Even if the performance is equal to others I will pay the extra money for something that is a bit more friendly to the environment.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.