Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who needs a new POV Camera to shoot all of this fresh snow that we have gotten in February? And with that new camera, why wouldn't you need some new casual gear as well? You only need to do two things....

1. Visit BlownMotor.com and check out the new Reel Camera here --> http://tinyurl.com/REELPOV
2. Post your thoughts on this NEW Camera Company in this thread...

One lucky winner will be presented with over $400.00 in product from Blown Motor and Reel Cameras including; Reel Camera HD Slayer, Blown Motor T-Shirt, and Reel Camera Swag Pack.
*Random Drawing Held on 3/7/14 and all entries from Facebook, Instagram, and other Forums will be combined. One entry per platform, maximum of 7 entries.

#1 in Snowmobile Gear & Customer Satisfaction
www.BLOWNMOTOR.com

Reel_Blown_LikeandShare_zps9beefc18.jpg

·
It's me!
718 Posts
Looks like a nice camera, but the specs are a bit weak compared to the GoPro 3. GoPro can shoot 1080 at 60fps and 720 at 120fps vs this camera's 1080 at 30fps and 720 at 60fps.

Reactions: Blown Motor

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Looks like a nice camera, but the specs are a bit weak compared to the GoPro 3. GoPro can shoot 1080 at 60fps and 720 at 120fps vs this camera's 1080 at 30fps and 720 at 60fps.
This is the feedback we are looking for, so thank you!!

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Nice unit. I like the extra storage ability.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks good, I like the idea of the built in LCD in the back. I don't really want to buy the $100 attachment for my GoPro. Cool that it has exchangeable lenses.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Seems like a nice camera but doesn't have equivalent specs compared to the silver edition go pro, which is also 299.99. But the extra storage is definitely nice as long as the battery will last long enough to take advantage of the extra storage.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Not quit the resolution of the GP but still very nice video. Lens exchange is great. Would like to see the different mounts. Don't scrape on the helmet mount. Buttons should be able to feel with gloves.

·
Batman
22,775 Posts
I agree with cvcobra buttons should be able to be felt with hand in glove. Does this record sound also? I didn't see anything about it so I was wondering. Also what is expected battery life? I really like the built in LCD screen to see whats recorded

·
Registered
925 Posts
LCD screen would be a huge selling point for me, being able to check footage in the field. And honestly the resolution and fps is not a huge deal for most users. When you get into very high quality slow motion shots is where those high res settings come into play. I'd definitely get one of these as long as their are ample amount of mount options

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
-review capabilites

-lense options

-waterproof case

-easy access buttons

-zoom

-looks pretty rugged

-storage

Dislikes:

-like stated above, the lower fps in the HD

-if it doesn't record sound (if it does, then no longer listed)

-nothing listed on battery type or battery life

Thanks for doing this.

-Randy

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Directly from the REEL Cameras, we took your questions to the owner direct.....

"It is the the same sensor as in the GoPro, so it gives you the same image resolution and quality . It doesn't have as big of a processor (which is still an Ambarella processor) , but that is why its not $399 like the black. It is 1080 @30fps and 720 @60fps. It is priced at $299 with LCD screen installed (did I mention has all playback features unlike the GoPro), it comes with 4 mounts (handle bar, flat and curved adhesive, vented helmet, extenders), and a class 10 8GB micro SD card. For 95 % of the folks out there this is more than enough camera and way easier to use. The battery life like all lithium ION batteries depends on camera setting and weather, you can expect 1-2.5 hrs. Reel sells a portable charger that can juice your camera back up while out on the trail (also buy a few extra batteries, its good practice anyway). Sound recording yes, just not an external jack."

For all of those wondering, we also carry the full line of accessories at www.BLOWNMOTOR.com, thanks and have a great day!

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
Like the screen, could actually use as a still camera too. Where's the remote though?

·
Cadillac mountain Enduro
3,558 Posts
wow I cant believe nobody said any thing about the easy button system no more did I press it 5or6 times I hated that with the gopro ,missed more videos jest being in the wrong mode, and a screen to aim with sign me up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks pretty sweet. Compared to the GoPro, the price is similar, the FPS is a little lacking but it does come with an LCD screen, I think it would work just as good because it sure is hard to see the difference between 30 and 60 FPS.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like the interchangeable lens ability but not really sure how useful that would be to me.

It's ugly as heck.

Like LCD but not important.
Typo on the website... what's a micro DS slot?

Would prefer a SD slot instead of micro SD.

As above... no sound recording?

Would be nice if it was waterproof without needing a case.

Don't like the price. At that cost, I'll get a Contour+2 (better specs, better aesthetics, built-in GPS).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts