Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an urking feeling that my rear shock could be blown...it rides great on the trail, but as soon as i hit a hard incline from flat ground going 20-30, i bottom right out...my torsion spring is on the stiffest setting...anything else i can do???is it really obvious when you blow a shock...(there's no oil leekage around the shock) my sled still looks and sits normal height, it just that when i rode a different sled w/ new shocks over the same "flat ground to incline", you could barely tell i hit anything at all
PS>>>im still in school and dont want to drop hundreds to redo my entire suspension w/ piggybacks...i just want it to work
thanks for the input

·
Registered
254 Posts
rippin said:
i have an urking feeling that my rear shock could be blown...it rides great on the trail, but as soon as i hit a hard incline from flat ground going 20-30, i bottom right out...my torsion spring is on the stiffest setting...anything else i can do???is it really obvious when you blow a shock...(there's no oil leekage around the shock) my sled still looks and sits normal height, it just that when i rode a different sled w/ new shocks over the same "flat ground to incline", you could barely tell i hit anything at all
PS>>>im still in school and dont want to drop hundreds to redo my entire suspension w/ piggybacks...i just want it to work
thanks for the input
[snapback]291932[/snapback]​
Sounds like you just need to set it up stiffer. Standing on the back of the foot wells, Jump down on the sled, it should compress 4 to 5 inches then come back up slow. If it comes back up like a pogo stick, you have a blown shock.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rippin said:
thanks for the input
[snapback]291932[/snapback]​
i forgot to add that i have 2900 miles on the sled ( i dont believe the guy before me did any work to the suspension,) and im 150lbs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts