Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys-whoever had a 1000 SDI go down-what oil are you using? I had been using Amsoil interceptor.

·
Registered
248 Posts
mine siezed rod bearing 2600 miles, using bluemarble, sdi still going on this oil 3500 miles.
friend of mine at dealers with bad vibration, they're going to take apart, he might be using my spare motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ckm

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Have any of you guys turned back the oil,I think that there was some kind of bulleten or something from BRP on this??or Am I mistaken???

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
adrenalator8 said:
Have any of you guys turned back the oil,I think that there was some kind of bulleten or something from BRP on this??or Am I mistaken???
[snapback]716686[/snapback]​
My oil pump was turned back by the dealer when he did the 06 update. There is a new bulletin (2006-9) that has some new tools to assist in adjusting the pump properly. And there have been a few bulletins on adjusting the oil on the 1000 SDI-including at least one last year for plug fouling.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mine went down last spring, I use shell advance snow ultra, it wasn't the oil that necessarily caused it, they never did know why.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
rangelec said:
adrenalator8 said:
[snapback]716686[/snapback]​
My oil pump was turned back by the dealer when he did the 06 update. There is a new bulletin (2006-9) that has some new tools to assist in adjusting the pump properly. And there have been a few bulletins on adjusting the oil on the 1000 SDI-including at least one last year for plug fouling.
[snapback]716711[/snapback]​
Thanks for clarifing that for me, I thought I had read something about that.

Maybe I'm a little bit anal when it comes to oil, but I have never turned my pumps back.I guess I feel more is just right in this department, But I have never lost a crank,.....Well there was this one time but that was just a experement gone bad LOL

·
Registered
163 Posts
1431 miles, BRP Synth Blend, PTO side went.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I DOO NOT KNOW WHY U GUYS SPEND ALL THAT MONEY ON SYNTHETIC OIL.
I USE BOMBI MINERAL OIL .I HAVE ALMOST 5000 MILES SO FAR THIS YEAR.
I HAVE 5 OR 6 MORE TRIPS COMING UP SO I CAN SEE TEN GRAND THIS YEAR ALSO.LAST YEAR I CHANGED I POWER VALVE CABLE ONLY AND WEAR ITEMS.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
YUP, too much concern for the oil "non" issue.

I guarantee that there is more to almost every one of these stories!!!!!!!!!! notice I said "almost".

Also, as I have told many, depending on how many times you ran your sled in last years season out of fuel at wot with the pulse pump issue.... there is alot of machines running around that are already partially burned down and people don't even know it. They will and are (eventially) showing up as a new burn down.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Warlock said:
YUP, too much concern for the oil "non" issue.

I guarantee that there is more to almost every one of these stories!!!!!!!!!! notice I said "almost".

Also, as I have told many, depending on how many times you ran your sled in last years season out of fuel at wot with the pulse pump issue.... there is alot of machines running around that are already partially burned down and people don't even know it. They will and are (eventially) showing up as a new burn down.
[snapback]719558[/snapback]​
Fuel starvation from last year is taking effect. With that being said with the 06's would it be safe to say the lean conditions, if they are in fact lean conditons, of the ecm are perhaps also having an effect on the piston and if this is so is this something that very well be a concern for anyone thinking of keeping this sled another year??????????????????????

Spike

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
that sounds like a fair assumption to me. I am glad I never ran out of fuel once let alone at WOT. I have been using BRP synthetic since new BTW

1 - 20 of 54 Posts