Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 months of working on it in my off-time, i finally finished the independant front suspension on my 1980 blizzard 9500. The project isn't that hard once you get past the design problems, with the right mixture of parts and a mig welder anyone could do it.
I took pictures of every detail that i could, in case anyone was interested.
Anyway, the suspension works excellent! It is basically like a 98 mxz440 front suspension but with 2003 ADSA arms giving me a stance of 48-49 inches from outside-ski to outside ski. I also did a few mods to the rear suspension which were very easy to do.
now if only i could figure out how to post pics!

·
Vintage DOO lover
1,205 Posts
Dr.G said:
After 2 months of working on it in my off-time, i finally finished the independant front suspension on my 1980 blizzard 9500. The project isn't that hard once you get past the design problems, with the right mixture of parts and a mig welder anyone could do it.
Anyway, the suspension works excellent! It is basically like a 98 mxz440 front suspension but with 2003 ADSA arms giving me a stance of 48-49 inches from outside-ski to outside ski. I also did a few mods to the rear suspension which were very easy to do.
[snapback]725144[/snapback]​
Please figure out how to post pics

·
Registered
319 Posts
quick! learn how to post pics! that thing looks awsome!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go to imageshack.us
Browse the pics you want to post;
Go to Host it;
Copy the link for forum 1;
And paste it on your message...

·
Registered
257 Posts
yes please post pics somewhere.. that looks great.. lotsa details on how ya did it too...a blizzard that handles well, and goes fast...couple that, along with that long track posting and it would be a wild machine and hard to beat,....

·
Registered
319 Posts
i wont add to the list of addresses, i'm sure you'll figure out how to post at some point. have you tried just attaching the pics? if they're too big you can get a program or you might already have one to resize it. that way you can explain it to all of us and we can ask questions and discuss it instead of you answering a ton of emails. just an idea, again, great job from what i can see!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tnt_fa said:
Dr.G said:
[snapback]725144[/snapback]​
Please figure out how to post pics

[snapback]725159[/snapback]​
Hey i see we have the same interests...i have a mach1 similar to that and i built a mustang also!lol
p.s. if you know an easy way to post pics let me know....seems like you need pics on a remote url to post them here, but i could be wrong

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my week off starts on monday morning, so depending on how many flights i get this week , it may be next week before i sort and resize the pics.(there are many pics because i took some for every step of the modification).I'll try the ideas for posting and i'll try to answer all the e-mails.
i'll try to attach some here.....here goes......

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'll have to try a different program for resizing....quality not very good in those few now

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Dr G
I hope I am not busting balls
I copied the pics you posted to have a closer look at the work you did
but they didn't resize well
if you have a chance could you email them to me ?

thanks
Rob

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Dr.G that looks awasome... keep em comeing... how does it handle and ride now anyways???Seems to me the 9500s were scary fast, and even scarier to handle.

I think that mod u did, plus the track mod one of the other guys did, combined into one sled, would make for a hell of a machine..

juice

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
80elan said:
Man I need a set of those pics. You should put a set of plans and parts list together and sell it.
[snapback]730097[/snapback]​
Post your pics on an external site like photobucket or msn,yahoo your albums can be made public and they automatically resize if needed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts