Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are supposed to get 15-20 cm of the white stuff today and tomorrow

...poor guys in the South get stuck with freezing rain and rain again....

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just came back from riding....will post pictures later in the day (don't have my download connection with me at the camp)....hard to see all those drifts out there....the light is really flat and the wind is really strong, blowing the snow all over...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whitefury said:
Anybody got any reports for the North Bay area?
[snapback]686159[/snapback]​
I am just outside of the North Bay area and the snow is still flying....looks like 15-20cm by this time tomorrow....

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Is Muskoka area getting snow too?? .. supposed to go there next weekend. Would be good to find a 'normal' trail somewhere. We dropped off at Fenelon Falls yesterday, and drove to Gooderham. Trails were rideable, but nothing to brag about.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
reverand said:
Is Muskoka area getting snow too?? .. supposed to go there next weekend. Would be good to find a 'normal' trail somewhere. We dropped off at Fenelon Falls yesterday, and drove to Gooderham. Trails were rideable, but nothing to brag about.
[snapback]686309[/snapback]​
I don't think Haliburton is getting as much as areas farther North....but next weekend (as of now) looks good for that area.... calling for snow on the weekend...have to wait to see if that changes...but temps look like they might be heading down for a change starting next weekend....

·
Registered
515 Posts
frostyy said:
reverand said:
I don't think Haliburton is getting as much as areas farther North....but next weekend (as of know) looks good for that area.... calling for snow on the weekend...have to wait to see if that changes...but temps look like they might be heading down for a change....

[snapback]686545[/snapback]​
what north bay area trails were good???????????? maybe its time for me to head up?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was up there all weekend , huntsville & north is where the snow is really hitting , any where south of there got some snow but it turned to rain , huntsville had 6' of freash when we left at 3

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
leftlanen said:
frostyy said:
reverand said:
I don't think Haliburton is getting as much as areas farther North....but next weekend (as of know) looks good for that area.... calling for snow on the weekend...have to wait to see if that changes...but temps look like they might be heading down for a change....

[snapback]686545[/snapback]​
what north bay area trails were good???????????? maybe its time for me to head up?
[snapback]686562[/snapback]​
They are all good as of right now....the snow is still coming down and the wind is blowing everything in huge drifts... had my best day yet of the season today and the best snowfall of the season to date.....what a blast.....supposed to be this way until tomorrow sometime...calling for mild during the week and more snow this weekend

G

·
frostyy said:
They are all good as of right now....the snow is still coming down and the wind is blowing everything in huge drifts... had my best day yet of the season today and the best snowfall of the season to date.....what a blast.....supposed to be this way until tomorrow sometime...calling for mild during the week and more snow this weekend

[snapback]686750[/snapback]​

G

·
KILLERMXZ said:
500ss man why so sad ?? just trailer , we've been doin that the last 2 years & i already got 1000 miles on this winter
[snapback]686903[/snapback]​
I don`t know ....guess it`s just that rainy day feeling again!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
frostyy said:
We are supposed to get 15-20 cm of the white stuff today and tomorrow

...poor guys in the South get stuck with freezing rain and rain again....

[snapback]685882[/snapback]​
Where abouts, I have a place in minden and just dying to go.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay...forget what I said about 15-20 cm of snow....because we now have 26cm and counting
(no kidding, it's still snowing and the drifts are getting larger as I speak)
....weather dude calls for 30cm by the time it ends sometime tomorrow...

Zammit,

Unfortunately, I don't think Minden is getting snow..I think it is in the freezing rain line
.....I heard even Parry Sound is getting freezing rain now....you probably got to go at least as far North as Huntsville....
I'm near North Bay and it is all snow here....no rain yet.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
frostyy said:
Okay...forget what I said about 15-20 cm of snow....because we now have 26cm and counting
(no kidding, it's still snowing and the drifts are getting larger as I speak)
....weather dude calls for 30cm by the time it ends sometime tomorrow...

Zammit,

Unfortunately, I don't think Minden is getting snow..I think it is in the freezing rain line
.....I heard even Parry Sound is getting freezing rain now....you probably got to go at least as far North as Huntsville....
I'm near North Bay and it is all snow here....no rain yet.....
[snapback]686976[/snapback]​
Thanks,

Iam still going anyways, if its not good I just travel up 35 to dorest or dwight and head out form there, huge diff from last year. I rode until April 1 last year.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Update: Monday Morning...Jan 30....

All schools are closed...

North Bay region has had 40cm of snow.....

while the Sudbury region has had about 30cm of snow....

....snow has pretty much quit (it's getting milder now
)

will post pictures later in the day....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts