Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just saw a winter scene on the tv and got me thinking of sledding. I'm looking to do a couple of things to my sled over the summer and thought I'd post the questions. My sled is an 800 with 10 tooth driver, 1" track with 168? studs, V force reeds, ported/polished head. Look as though it has stock jetting (don't want to change that. It's a fuel pig already).

1. It's geared 24/43 (if I remember correctly) and I couldn't get it to cat walk. The guy I bought it off had cudney set it up for lake runs. What gearing should I put in to achieve wheelie potential without going overboard. I was thinking of going 440 gears. Hopefully someone has some input.

2. Will a 1.5" track fit on the sled?. Would I be better off with a 1.25" track? Mostly ontario trail riding, but need to keep up in the deep stuff out west once a year.

THanks for the help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all,
Just saw a winter scene on the tv and got me thinking of sledding. I'm looking to do a couple of things to my sled over the summer and thought I'd post the questions. My sled is an 800 with 10 tooth driver, 1" track with 168? studs, V force reeds, ported/polished head. Look as though it has stock jetting (don't want to change that. It's a fuel pig already).

1. It's geared 24/43 (if I remember correctly) and I couldn't get it to cat walk. The guy I bought it off had cudney set it up for lake runs. What gearing should I put in to achieve wheelie potential without going overboard. I was thinking of going 440 gears. Hopefully someone has some input.

2. Will a 1.5" track fit on the sled?. Would I be better off with a 1.25" track? Mostly ontario trail riding, but need to keep up in the deep stuff out west once a year.

THanks for the help.
I have an 03 morgan as well, it had 23/43 gears,dropped to 22/43 and thought it made a big difference on launch. I also have a clutch kit,can & v-force reeds.Just purchase a cudney head(not installed yet) and want to trail port it,was wondering if porting yours made a big difference? Also have 1.25 ripsaw track 144 studs up the middle, hooks up awsome!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
if you want to catwalk gearing down will help, but going with a deeper track will make the biggest difference along with setting the rear skid up for catwalks. but remember if the skid is setup to do catwalks the trail manners will suffer. there is no harm in going with the 440 gearing other than you will loose top end. the 440s use 15w top gears so you will need the gear the chain and a different spacer behind the top gear. i have a 21 tooth top and chain that will work with the 43 bottom if you are interested.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an 03 morgan as well, it had 23/43 gears,dropped to 22/43 and thought it made a big difference on launch. I also have a clutch kit,can & v-force reeds.Just purchase a cudney head(not installed yet) and want to trail port it,was wondering if porting yours made a big difference? Also have 1.25 ripsaw track 144 studs up the middle, hooks up awsome!
I actually bought it that way. It was set for lake runs with a 1" track. I've lined up against some other revs and a moded zr900. Still haven't been beat. Then again, I have the advantage of weighing 150lbs. Thing is a rocket. It hooks in any snow condition, but I've gotten my speed fix with it and now want a little play time. I softened the rear springs and took the blocks out, but still no cat walk. I don't want to ride daily like that, so I guess my answer is a deeper track. Just, will a 1.5" fit the BM tunnel? If I could, I'd go 1.75". Has anyone done this in a BM? It has a race tunnel which I thought is from the 440, but I think the 10 tooth driver limits the track size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts