Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Neat sled ,rode one for the first time last year, a 800. Lots of engine sound, front suspension feels very good. basicly, feels very different than any other sled i have ever rode. Good luck with the service and parts for it though.

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,477 Posts
depends on price, from what I remember they were very pricey and were not worth the price. You could've bought 2 sleds for the price of one blade, I think they were trying to sell everyone on the customer service they provided (they actually would send a rep to your house and help you set it up). I would imagine replacement parts would be expensive and I never personally cared for the looks, but hey you would definitely be riding a unique sled

·
Registered
127 Posts
skippydoo said:
Im very seriously thinking about buying a used blade . What do you know about them? The good and the bad.
[snapback]695267[/snapback]​
Well for one you can buy one for about half of what they originally sold for.they look
something like a polaris fusion have a very fast 800 twin w twin pipes polaris motor I think,beleive motors set in backwards like a firecat. and they have mobile service to anywhere I beleive.I THOUGHT THEY WERE AROUND 17 K NEW.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
A friend of mine just bought a used 02 blade 700 styker (136 incher), looking forward to trying it out. Just from sitting on it I wouldn't sell my rev for one, but if you're into the traditional seating I'm sure they're nice. Also with the hood open I was suprised at how far forward the motor was in the chassis, seems just the opposite of what you'd want since it would have a lot of weight on the nose.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
They weren't in business long enough for anyone to ride or buy one. Besides 14,000 grand was quite steep for a sled that had about a year of production. And it's very ugly too

·
Super Moderator
31,556 Posts
I looked at one once and considered buying for something different. I never was able to ride one as the dealer sold out of them before snow actually arrived. The front end on that sled is supposed to be unreal, and the rear is the time tested M-10. Interesting sled, but 2 things killed it; (1) It was expensive (but you know how boys and their toys are, you can ALWAYS find the $$$ if you want it) and (2) The REV made it a second class sled. Personally I think the REV killed The Blade and The Redline. Best darn sled money could buy, and priced like ever other main-stream sled built. Thank you BRP, you saved me a bunch of money.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
The blade is a pretty good handling sled on the bumpy stuff. Built well and structurally stronger than most sleds. But I think the gauges are cheesy the whole look of the sled is weird. $20K for a new sled. (with a polaris motor)...f-that. I think a rev(X) is more comfortable to stand and sit on.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
FYI Blade is NOT out of business, they still sell sleds (custom built when you order).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.