Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using The Blade XLT adjustable ski. Keel is identical to Blade XC, which I have also. I am using 6 inch 60 degree shaper bar carbides made by Stud Boy. I find very light steering with exceptional bite and minor darting. Minor push turning in a field with 8 inches of fresh snow. Skis are very predictable and build driving confidence when riding on a tight twisty trail. This report is with 40 miles and trails in acceptable to good condition. The keel is the same on the Blade XC and Blade XLT. Only difference being the mounting for the ski can be moved forward or backward from center position on the XLT.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
This is a ski made for Lynx snowmobiles correct?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I cannot find that ski for the life of me. The Lynx site has the xc & the ds skis, nothing about and "xlt". Is this ski NOS? Thanks.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Do you have a link or something to this product?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The XC and XLT have same bottom keel. When looking at bottom of ski with carbide in place, where the carbide enters the ski in the front and back, it looks like an hour glass. In my opinion this configuration eliminates the darting effect. The XLT on top of ski is virtually flat without bracing extrusion. This eliminates accumulation of snow on top of ski. It is a very clean design.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Are you sure you are talking about a ski from Lynx...?

I have been working closely with them for years and I have never heard about something called Blade XLT...? OK, I am normally into the deep and steep stuff so I might have missed some trail specific stuff, but in my world there are only four Blade skis from Lynx - the original Blade, Blade XC, Blade DS and the new Blade DS+...?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you sure you are talking about a ski from Lynx...?

I have been working closely with them for years and I have never heard about something called Blade XLT...? OK, I am normally into the deep and steep stuff so I might have missed some trail specific stuff, but in my world there are only four Blade skis from Lynx - the original Blade, Blade XC, Blade DS and the new Blade DS+...?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look in your 2020 ski doo accessory book page 131 you will note all three models of DS skis are pilot. The word Blade is adjacent to the hand grip on front of the Blade Skis.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am not sure we have got the same catalog over here becasue the skis are not on that page.

Anyway - the original Blade is discontinued since couple of years but Blade XC, Blade DS and Blade DS+ are available as accessories for Ski-Doo's over here. But no Blade XLT over here. Is that a made up name for the American market...?

Based on your description, it sounds like the original Blade which was basically a copy of SLP Powder Pro. Please post a picture.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi. Sorry for the confusion I did not realize you were not from US. Look at Snow Tech November 2019 there is an article about my riding experience and my 2019 accomplishment of 20206 miles for the season of 96 days www.snowtechmagazine.com
The two sets of skis that I am using arrived in a Lynx container and were supplied by BRP of Canada. I ride in Canada all the time 100 percent on groomed trails. The skis came with a round bar with no wear carbide on front and 4.5 to 5.5 90 degree carbide on back.
Not acceptable for our type of riding on hard pack groomed trail. I supplied Stud Boy with a ski and they supplied me with two sets of carbides for each type of ski. Two sets have 6 inches of flat carbide on a square bar with 6 inches of 60 degree carbide. The other two sets are same except for 8 inches of 60 degree carbide. In the states this is known as a shaper bar. You can contact Stud Boy at studboytraction.com. You would want to talk directly with Ron on any questions.
While visiting Supertrax Show in Toronto this Fall, I met a Jobber from Finland that was working with Ron at Stud Boy to make carbides for their skis. I am sure if you contact Ron he would know his name and may be able to provide you with contact information.
I saddlebag in Canada primarily in Quebec Prov. Also I connect with New Brunswick, Ontario, and Manitoba. We can ride weeks without repeating trail to return to vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts