Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2005 Renegade 600 SDI and noticed on the last few rides there was a grease-like line between the cylinder wall and head. Not the seam about 1/4 inch from the top, but the one about an inch below that. First I thought that it may be the rust check collecting belt dust since I just got the sled out for the year, but after I wiped it, it came back. There is very little there after say 50 miles of riding, just enough to notice a black line. Could it be a sign of a bad cylinder head gasket? I will have the dealer look at it in a few weeks when I get back that way, but thought I'd ask the crowd in the mean time. I will post a pic as well the next time I ride it if the grease re-appears.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just a thought. What do you guys think? When I stored the sled last fall I covered most metal things with Rust Check. I wiped it clean when I took it out this year and have only driven it about 300 miles. Could it be rust check that may have soaked into the head gasket some what and is now collecting belt dust to show a black line in that area. Checked compression and both are still 150 PSI a side. Just thinking out loud!

Bruiser

1 - 3 of 3 Posts