Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I guess my old post is gone now but I finally got those stripes removed from my seat and here is the finished product. This is my 04 Summit 144 Adrn. 800HO. The other toy in the background is my supercharged Toyota 4Runner.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes, VERY nice! Now, if you just changed the idlerwheels to black ones, it would be just about perfect!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at trying to take those yellow nasty things off but it don't look like they popped off. Is there a way to take them off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good looking sled, I realy like the "ghost" skidoo on the hood. How did get the orange off the back of the seat? I also would like to know where those springs come from.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good idea about the snow flap…I was wondering how I could get rid of the yellow.
The sled is still a work in progress, the wheels and snow flap are the next two things to go. As for the windshield I just cut the stock one. I thought the stock one looked dorky so I taped out a new line where to cut the stock one and then used a small cutting disk like you would use on a drimmil tool. I then went to the local car store and bought some new trim for the edge. I think it turned out pretty good for only spending an hour of time and a couple of bucks. The springs are the Titanium ones from Ski Doo. They were a little pricey but I got them for a good deal. I believe they shed about 3 or 4 pounds compared to the stock ones, and they will never fade. Let me know if you have any other ideas

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As for the removing the stripes from the seat I would not recommend it...is one big pain in the butt! Plus it dulls the seat where you removed the stripes. I have a couple of suggestions: 1st you could use nail polish remover and about 5 hours of time. Make sure to let the remover sit on the strip to soften it, and then use a old tooth brush and a cloth soaked in the remover. 2nd option is that I have herd that you can buy a replacement black seat cover from Ski Doo, and then sell your old one on ebay or something. If you are interested in trying option one let me know and I will add a reply with more detailed instructions.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Very nice work. Now, you'll have to get a few nicks in it, to take the edge off when you ride it. But they are purdy before you leave the garage the first time every year.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the sticker off of ebay but the dealer is no longer on ebay and I wouldn't have recommend them anyways. I would take the picture of it into a sign shop and have them make you one. As for the sled it always looks this clean. I was a professional car detailer, and so after every ride it gets a cleaning. The sled is now for sale since I don't use it enough.
Here is a link to it:
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37601

·
Registered
237 Posts
That sled is wicked! Great job. How about powder coating the spindles and skid rails then maybe some black shock covers? Then black out the tunnel over summer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts