1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I don't blame him....

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I saw that also on fb. Its too bad, im about done too. This forum seems to be flooded with know it alls and idiots this year. Some people just cant grasp how all the yelling and whining closes these performace shops, the guys that spend thier time and do all the testing for us. WHEN YOU MODIFY AND IT BREAKS TOO BAD!!!!!! Rant over, later

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Hate to hear this if it's true. I don't run any of Bills stuff but I always appreciate the fact that he shares his knowledge. Anytime I have talked to him at a show or in the old grass drag days, he was always helpful.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
That's too bad.....I also can't blame him.....a handful of jerks on this site are going to ruin it for all of us!!!!

I've never bought anything from him, at least not yet. I do plan on purchasing a spring kit from him though.

Reactions: curbman

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Doo talk is for the love for sledding, learning from members experiences, and helping others when you can, Even with the bickering, bad advise from some, and the bs I think hes making a mistake, I wouldnt have ever heard of him if it wasnt for this sight. Seems like for a business owner youd want that exposure,

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I'm not sure why a vendor who sells tons of stuff to members on this site would leave....much less announce it. You have to be pretty upset to do something like that. He's a great guy and gets complements all over the threads....

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
I've been self employed for over 40 years and sometimes you get criticized for what you do. I build stuff for a living. I do all types of remodeling, additions and I've built a few homes. Sometimes things happen but I would never go away. I make it right and I have never not made it right. Thing happen and things fail but that's when you make it right. From what I have read Bill takes care of his customers and they like him so why leave?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Bill's post from facebook

Bill Cudney

6 hrs ·

Bill Cudney

6 hrs ·

way or lower my standards to do so, the moderators have thought about this type of bashing and apparently think it is ok as I suggested about a post that I thought was offensive and the reply was that it wasn't and in return I got a verbal warning, not sure why I would receive that from only questioning a post, but anyways unless things change on there I will not post or go back to the website until it goes back to it's original concept, too bad it has gone that way as Craig Deats the original owner was always fair and he and his team did a great job of moderation but now what was offensive then is ok and what was ok is now in some forms offensive. End my rant for the day and so long Dootalk.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Bill's kit was so good, I bought another one. Never had a problem with either one. Very sorry to see him go. More stuff is happening on Facebook these days anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
Bill's post from facebook

Bill Cudney

6 hrs ·

Bill Cudney

6 hrs ·

way or lower my standards to do so, the moderators have thought about this type of bashing and apparently think it is ok as I suggested about a post that I thought was offensive and the reply was that it wasn't and in return I got a verbal warning, not sure why I would receive that from only questioning a post, but anyways unless things change on there I will not post or go back to the website until it goes back to it's original concept, too bad it has gone that way as Craig Deats the original owner was always fair and he and his team did a great job of moderation but now what was offensive then is ok and what was ok is now in some forms offensive. End my rant for the day and so long Dootalk.
This is not true. Bill did not get a verbal warning. A mod was trying to reply to him and his inbox was full. The moderator contacted him through the the warning feature and let him know it was not a warning.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Moto..............please don't take this as a offense. I respect you as a member and have talked to you in the past providing good info........but I cant full heartedly agree if you spend your money on aftermarket part a vendor gets a totally free pass.

EX. you pay 100 dollars for an aftermarket belt and it blows apart in the first 100- 300 miles. ?

Reactions: CVCOBRA1

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well if he didn't get a verbal warning then what is the picture on his facebook page of the verbal warning he got.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.