Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
This is a heads up for anyone that ordered a can or had one repaired (sh!tty fit), supposedly they are shipping starting Monday....................

Over 2 months to repair, *%@, at least maybe I'll get one trip out of it...........

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks alot BMP, you said I would have my can before my last trip 3/9(almost 3 months after shipping it back) and you didn't come through again. It's 3/13 and I still don't have it..............*%@ I called darn near every week for the last month, and you guys still couldn't come through. Ya it's only $230.00, but it's my money and you've had it for 4 months!!

I'm sure your Cat customers would not have to wait that long for product.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
I find it interesting reading this now. A while back on a HCS post about customer serivce of D&D how one BMP customer said BMP service was the best so I let him know about the other post with a link to the muffler problem you guys had and this is the pm I got from Erich. I guess that was a line too......

Just wanted to say thanks for once again talking so highly of bmp. I saw your nice post and link to dootalk. We have done nothing but help out any customer having problems with any mach z muffler problems we had. But you always fail to mention any of the happy customers we have. We do try our hardest, but you can't please everyone. I think we are doing a very good job of staying on top of things in general though. I have done nothing but intentionally innore you start any problems, but you still keep up the jabs.
Kind of a bummer, I bet you really would have liked our parts if you ever tried them instead of bashing all the time.
Thanks again,
Erich

Spike

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm bitter because I was assured by one of the guys there that I would have it before my trip last week. I had contacted them nearly once a week within the last month so I wouldn't be forgotten. I can understand delays, I'm in business too, but I follow through if I give someone my word.

The money isn't that big of a deal, the snowmobile season for me is though, and mine is over. Never putting a mile on my $230.00 can. *%@

·
Registered
498 Posts
I got mine 2 weeks ago, called and bitched to the guy on the phone and they had it to my door in 3 days. alot better fit than the first one they send you heat tape and instructions. The only thing i didnt like about it was it was as quiet as the stock muffler hardly even a bark at wot.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know you got yours, and that's what "edit for bad language" me off(good for you though........LOL) I sent mine back in the middle of Dec. and still nothing.

I guess I just had to vent, I'm typically pretty laid back, but seeing you got yours and false promises kinda set me off. Plus it was the fact that this was my last trip for the year.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I deffitnetly would be ticked off to. I still am alittle i got 10 miles on the muffler.

·
Registered
167 Posts
SPIKE said:
I find it interesting reading this now. A while back on a HCS post about customer serivce of D&D how one BMP customer said BMP service was the best so I let him know about the other post with a link to the muffler problem you guys had and this is the pm I got from Erich. I guess that was a line too......

Just wanted to say thanks for once again talking so highly of bmp. I saw your nice post and link to dootalk. We have done nothing but help out any customer having problems with any mach z muffler problems we had. But you always fail to mention any of the happy customers we have. We do try our hardest, but you can't please everyone. I think we are doing a very good job of staying on top of things in general though. I have done nothing but intentionally innore you start any problems, but you still keep up the jabs.
Kind of a bummer, I bet you really would have liked our parts if you ever tried them instead of bashing all the time.
Thanks again,
Erich

Spike
[snapback]760779[/snapback]​
Spike,

Thanks for the heads up...Looks like we can scratch these guys off the list for cans anyway. I was thinking of adding one this summer, now I"m not sure what to put on my mach. What is everyone's thoughts on Martin Barkey cans?

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am also in business for myself,every company no matter how big or small will have a problem sooner or later. It's how you address these problems that you are judged. Taking over thirty days to correct these cans is unexceptable. If they couldn't get them repaired in a reasonable amount of time then they should have replaced them with new or refunded the purchase price.
I had to eat crow myself, it's not pleasant but I have found that being up front with the customer usually leads to a second chance (sale).
They can blame whoever they want, but I know that the sweet taste of a cheap price never lasts as long as the bitter taste of cheap service.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
floor man you hit the nail on the head.................

BTW the saga continues, still no can and it's officially 3 months............*%@.................LOL

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They won't give me a refund, only shop credit...........Like I really want that. I tried that a long time ago....................LOL

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
folgers said:
file a small claims?
[snapback]763871[/snapback]​
I guess I won't need to, it FINALLY showed up today. Sorry for the rant guys.................

At least I have a new paperweight for my office this summer...................LOL

·
Vendor
411 Posts
1badho I know there is no excuses about how long it took to get your muffler back. Unfortunately it took much longer to get them changed and replaced than we expected. With the hundreds of mufflers we made this season, it just takes time. The good part is we have them working great and the only complaint is that they are too quiet now. I think they have a nice rumble to them. I have heard way too many overly loud mufflers on the market that are just closing the trails and getting tickets. Anyway, all warranty replacement mufflers have been shippped.

Too everyone else on here, "Spike, aka Puddytatman" has an obvious personal grudge against BMP and me, Erich Long. He does everything in his power to make us look bad. I realized long ago that he has nothing ever better to do except tell everyone how smart he thinks he is and how fast he is and how BMP sucks in his own mind. I really don't care how fast he is or claims to be, good for him if he is fast, but he lives so far away from me its stupid. So I usually just blow her off realizing I have alot more to worry about in life than Puddytatman/Spike. You will all see now and into the future he will never give up and will make it his living will to continue to try and make BMP look bad. It should take about a minute and a half for him to reply since his Bikeman just posted beeper will be going off shortly.

Also, I have mentioned before that with being so busy during this season I didn't get online very much. I'm sorry about that. So please, if you have a question, please try to email us at [email protected] if you aren't getting a reply on the forums. Thanks alot, Erich

·
Registered
32 Posts
WHY DO YOU GUYS TORCHER YOURSELFS,GET THE CHUCKAROO PORT -PIPE COMBO AND LEAVE EVERYONE BEHIND YOU....HE ALSO HAS A STOCK PIPE IMPROVEMENT THAT WORKS GOOD TO.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am in business myself and If I was BMP I would have refunded this guy his money long ago. You can not afford bad press. Even if this guy is a [email protected] as you claim.... it is still word of mouth which is the best and worst advertising. We have a short riding time so things get amplified. I am buying a pipe and can this fall but I don't think I will look at this product just because of the turn around time. I would say a week or two is within reason. Everybody has problems, it is how you handle them that keeps the customers.

Rule of thumb in business..... If you do a good job they will tell three people.... if you screw up they will tell everybody that will listen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
same here in quebec guys i know made the muffler mod and it took week to get it back !!!!!!!!!
!!!!

and is kit doesnt work as super as it supposse ..................

do like rotax 1025 ...........get the chuckaroooooola plotte kit !!!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
bikeman said:
1badho I know there is no excuses about how long it took to get your muffler back. Unfortunately it took much longer to get them changed and replaced than we expected. With the hundreds of mufflers we made this season, it just takes time. The good part is we have them working great and the only complaint is that they are too quiet now. I think they have a nice rumble to them. I have heard way too many overly loud mufflers on the market that are just closing the trails and getting tickets. Anyway, all warranty replacement mufflers have been shippped.

Too everyone else on here, "Spike, aka Puddytatman" has an obvious personal grudge against BMP and me, Erich Long. He does everything in his power to make us look bad. I realized long ago that he has nothing ever better to do except tell everyone how smart he thinks he is and how fast he is and how BMP sucks in his own mind. I really don't care how fast he is or claims to be, good for him if he is fast, but he lives so far away from me its stupid. So I usually just blow her off realizing I have alot more to worry about in life than Puddytatman/Spike. You will all see now and into the future he will never give up and will make it his living will to continue to try and make BMP look bad. It should take about a minute and a half for him to reply since his Bikeman just posted beeper will be going off shortly.

Also, I have mentioned before that with being so busy during this season I didn't get online very much. I'm sorry about that. So please, if you have a question, please try to email us at [email protected] if you aren't getting a reply on the forums. Thanks alot, Erich
[snapback]764488[/snapback]​
Erich, I have a problem with your domes. Talked to you on the phone. Ran against someone else in the field and they were "NO" gain. Sent mine back unused. You charged me a restocking fee which I don't agree with. The product in my opinion was not as advertised, and never used. We already talked about this on the phone. Keep your stuff, with the amount of people that I know in this industry it won't be long before the true hurts. Whomever that may be.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Erich,
I have nothing against you or your product, I just found the turn around time rediculous. And to top it off, I was promised shipment prior to my trip last week (which was almost 3 months after I sent it back). I guess that was the last straw, and had to vent my frustrations.
I was actually looking forward to using your can this year, because the other can I have in my opinion is to loud for the trails in WI.

Jeff Selgren

BTW mad dog watch who you call a Dumbass..............lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts