Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So I decided it's time to up the cardio game this summer. Time to dig out the bicycle and get started, man this is harder then I remember. LOL

Wife reminded me to start slow so that I don't get frustrated with it.

Any other bicyclist out there with some great advise for a beginner

bicycle 1.jpg

bicycle 2.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
Funny you posted this - last week I was in the shed, looked at my bike and thought I should probably get that back out someday.

I left it there. :lol:

For now... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Bought the handle bar extension and comfortable seat recently, no more hunch over and sore arse, so been bikin off n on for while now

Reactions: Betsy30

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you posted this - last week I was in the shed, looked at my bike and thought I should probably get that back out someday.

I left it there. :lol:

For now... :rolleyes:
Wife's been after me for a few years now to get back at it as I used to enjoy it. It's amazing how fast we can get out of shape :lol:

I felt good last night after the ride.... This morning is a different story though :huh:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought the handle bar extension and comfortable seat recently, no more hunch over and sore arse, so been bikin off n on for while now
Its great cardio. I left the bars and seat stock for now and opted for a good pair of bicycle shorts instead.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
If on the pavement, watch out for the other (car) drivers. They seem to get worse every year. :wacko:

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
I've heard nothing but great stuff about the ebikes. That might be a good option at my advanced age.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've heard nothing but great stuff about the ebikes. That might be a good option at my advanced age.
My wife has MS which makes it hard for her to exercise, So these bikes are a game changer for her. She no longer is afraid to get too far away from home but still feels like she gets her exercise. Ride an ebike once and it will most likely spoil you.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
Send it! Lol

Seriously cool if you can ride with your wife.

My advice is don't take her to your favorite spot that is way above her riding ability.

Maybe she'll crash into a tree and never ride trails with you again.

Ask me how I know....
25974bd0d1c0cf0f08725474b0ff9609.jpg
e9b773b0fe01b8ae64123f685fa70245.jpg
2d1166969bb01d8721510f958f08fe0b.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy (S10) far, far away

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Your wife is getting pretty good air here. I'd say you should keep her if she jumps like that.

Send it! Lol

Seriously cool if you can ride with your wife.

My advice is don't take her to your favorite spot that is way above her riding ability.

Maybe she'll crash into a tree and never ride trails with you again.

Ask me how I know....
25974bd0d1c0cf0f08725474b0ff9609.jpg

My only advise is that if you are going to chose to ride on the road where other vehicles are, you abide by the same set of rules as the vehicles.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Get an eBike! Bought a Specialized Creo comp Carbo road bike 3 weeks ago! Have over 2 hundred miles on it. You still get a benefit from riding just a more even energy usage! But what I like...hills...no problem! 10 mph head wind...no problem! It's a lot more fun, can cruise faster and just go on longer rides!

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
Your wife is getting pretty good air here. I'd say you should keep her if she jumps like that.
My only advise is that if you are going to chose to ride on the road where other vehicles are, you abide by the same set of rules as the vehicles.

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
cool beans
36,721 Posts
I use to have a bike repair shop......I would ride every bike I repaired.....I had around 50 bikes from one wheel to four......Now I'm down to 10.......Only one road bike a vintage Schwinn ......Now that I'm getting old that E bike looks like a great idea.......Sense I have COPD and get winded easy . B)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Push yourself until your uncomfortable cardio wise, it sucks but your cardio will never truly benefit if you don't push yourself, singletrack got exponentially more fun once I got to the point where I wasn't gasping for air constantly and my legs weren't yelling at me. They still do but now it's more of a good burn.

obligatory pic
eef80b04258d3dccf0f2a08663eb2401.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 85 Posts