Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a 2015 XRS 800 shorty and will be changing out the 1.25" rip saw and going with a prestudded track. I have an ice attack XT on my current sled and like it. Of course it's now ripsaw with 144 1.45's up the middle. But I'm tired of blowing studs and heat exchangers.... Plus I like the idea of less rotating and better top speed. That said I see there is an ice cobra 1.6 and an ice attack 1.375" any input on either if these. Should probably add that 99% of my riding is groomed trail 60-80mph and I love pulling hard from corned to corner. I like the idea of the bigger lugged track but don't want to give up top speed too much. Sounds like the 1.375 would best suit my needs. Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
503 Posts
I swapped out my stock ripsaw with the 1.375 ice attack prestud. Ended up also going down to a 24 tooth gear on top due to a bit of doggieness. Its a good track, I think i'd like to go back to ice ripper though. The attack seemed weak on top end, she's a big track. This was on a 14 Ren X 800 btw

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good data thanks. I like my ice attack XT, it hooks good, its light and gets good top speed maybe I'll just stick with that.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
I put a ripsaw 1.5 on my 2011 XRS. Also running 126 studs up the middle.

Major improvement from the studded 1.25 I was running.

This year I had stock gearing. It pulled well on the bottom end, but it pulled really well on the top end. I don't think I lost much top end speed.

I am thinking for next year I may gear down 1 tooth on the top. I would like a little more low end grunt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts