Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you use for loan companies and what rates are for someone with 750 credit score. New and used rates. Looking at buying new or slightly used sled. I know they are offering 0 for 60months but got my heart set on a spring check sled.

Thanks

If this has been a beat down issue then guide me where to...

·
Registered
16 Posts
A month ago I picked up a 16 163t3, Brp 0% through Shefield(sic) financial. I would have liked to snow check too, but 0% and cheaper new than a lot of used sleds were going for, as well as a bad "edit for bad language" sled that I will likely never be able to out ride sounded like a killer deal to me.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
From now until payment in November many things could change to change the outcome of a percentage rate you would get.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
If you can find what you want (or even close to it) its a no brainer to pick one up with the 0% right now. Why wait? The only guarantee is that 17's will cost more. Even if Doo comes out with a new flux capacitor its usually better to wait a year or two or three to insure its perfected. I am experiencing that exact phenomena with my 16' 1200 Blizzard right now. Its not just me but other experienced 1200 riders that are saying its the best 1200 ever produced. What will Doo bring for 17'? Will it be better? Sure, but anything revolutionary always takes time to marinate - but even that's only "IF" Doo has that revolutionary chassis sitting in the wings and ready to fly.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
National Bank of Cash.... sorry thats not at all helpful

Reactions: IcutMetl

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Cash is king ^^^^^

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
JD. Did you buy before or after the rebates came out

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hmmmm.... just go to dad's finances.....that's what my kids seam to doo. Usually it's Best rate in town.

But 0% from the dealer is hard to beat but you get a better price if you pay cash.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
JD. Did you buy before or after the rebates came out
I bought after the rebates hit. My Blizzard 1200 was $9500 plus WI tax and I would have paid cash but 0% was just a bit more icing on the cake. For reference that's the same price I paid for the 14' Renegade 900 Ace Adrenaline when I spring checked it. Granted the spring check included two years of additional warranty at the time but the 16' Blizzard 1200 is a much better deal overall. Incredible sled for the money.

Reactions: KDogg5171

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
^Normally I would completely agree with you but 0% is free money so go ahead and take it. The market is down so I am investing my $10K there but even if you simply stash it in a 5 year CD at the current 2% rates you just made yourself an easy $1000. That's what I would call an easy decision.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
And at the same time by making all of your payments as you should you are boosting your credit score. Nothing like actually paying off debt in order to secure lower rates in the future when you may actually really need them......

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Cash is the only way to go when it comes to buying toys. save the banks for when you "NEED" something. Just my opinion.
that's a fact Jack use the wallet size pics of dead presidents, doesn't affect your credit score one way or the other and doesn't show up as a debt load when you do in fact "need" some thing

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
had good luck with financing through sheffield financial through doo. i have a 720+ CS but have student loans so no one wants to touch it locally. they didnt bat an eye at a loan for my spring check last year.

im sure they would help you out if you went to them individually. call up your local banks as well as credit unions. call the one you belong to first and tell them you are looking for a sled. might as well give them first dibs on a loan for you since you are there already.

we cant all afford to drop 10-12 cash even 14k on a new sled. heck i wouldnt want to drop cash on it anyway.

steve

·
Looking for the Hot Tub...
7,044 Posts
It was too tough to not buy a new one...so we bought two. That 0% was the deal for us, didnt want to tie up our money...CS over 770 is what the little letter told me in the mail from Sheffield, fig it would have been higher, better work on it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I heard terrible things about shefield on the RZR forum. But that's just a few p od people complaining. They offered me a horrible rate on financing a rzr a few years ago, so I skimped for a few months on dinners and such and bought a used one cash instead. I would always suggest credit union first. However at 0% I agree leave your money in the bank, or in your safe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts