Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious what people think is the easiest chassis to sidehill (including basic mods if needed) pre 2003. Thinking about doing a retro build and want to start with something 1500 or less.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
1989 tundra lt

Reactions: kidinloghouse

·
Registered
927 Posts
Summit X 1998 or 1999.

Tundra Pogo Ski.

Really loved the Summit X tho. I rode an almost bone stock one a few years ago that my Dad had picked up to flip. We decided to take her to the mountains and try her out. I was literally climbing all over that thing. Feet on the seat, trailing arms, knee on the hood, gut on the windshield, etc. So much fun to ride but man was it tiring to do the same things we do on a whim nowadays.

The first sleds I learned how to sidehill on were the '94-95 Cougar and Prowlers. I'm thinking the Prowler was easier but once I got the hang of the Cougar it was no problem either. Couldn't sidehill my MXZ 470 worth a damn. I was 9 and 10 years old.

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
tundra with out a doubt. i cant wait to bolt on some plastic paddles to mine

Reactions: MXtremeZ

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess i am not familiar with the tundra as a mountain sled. Is there a higher performance option than the tundra? so people think the summit x was better than the zx chassis? I would think people would say the older arctic cats since they were a-arm front suspensions....but maybe too heavy? or the older polaris edge chassis?

·
2nd Whore in command
102,224 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't have guessed a Tundra as a high performance option myself, I know they are great in deep snow but wouldn't think that great on the hills as a performance option?

The Summit X or Highmark edition was a ZX chassis pre 03.

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
Was curious what people think is the easiest chassis to sidehill (including basic mods if needed) pre 2003. Thinking about doing a retro build and want to start with something 1500 or less.
nowhere was performance a question. just what was the best sidehilling machine and that is without a doubt a tundra

Reactions: MXtremeZ

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok got it, so refining the question, what sled, regardless of brand, would rival the tundra's sidehilling abilities, but be more high performance?

·
Registered
726 Posts
My '98 Summit X spanked my brothers '98 RMK in the sidehilling/carving department. My kid still rides that SummitX and it goes everywhere we go on newer sleds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts