Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried:

SLP PP's - too agressive and dart a lot, easy to flip over...
PILOT 6.9 - OK, bend all carbides, one ski is broken...push in loose corners...
MODSs - need more carbide and push on loose corners and on hard packed...

Which skis are the BEST for Racing: Snowcross, Enduro, Sprint cross...???

·
Registered
3 Posts
The best that I know that are out there are the C and A ski's. Check it out most of all the pro snowcross racers are running them. Just from being asst race director for 4 years in wsa michigan.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
We have had great luck with the USI px skis,with the proper set upand the right bar they are unbeatable in the corners and are wide enough to have great float in powder,tivar uhmw is the toughest of all plastic for durability also,if you have any questions pm me ,thanks todd.

·
Registered
721 Posts
USI PX 301s. Snocross racers use them as well.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I run C&A Pro's Razors, Very aggressive, no darting,great floatation,NO pushing in the corners and they turn a lot better on road crossings.
the only thing I don't like at slow speed (5 mph or less) they're a little hard to turn.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK...so it's btw USI and C&A NOW

Which ONEs are wider, float better and which better in loose corners ???

Also I found my 800 Gades more tippy then 1000 Gade...may cause of higher fronmt end...now thinkign about lowering my fromnt end as well...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
REV_X_MAN said:
I run C&A Pro's Razors, Very aggressive, no darting,great floatation,NO pushing in the corners and they turn a lot better on road crossings.
the only thing I don't like at slow speed (5 mph or less) they're a little hard to turn.
[snapback]715055[/snapback]​
After looking into buying them I also have noticed a lot of snow-x ers using these. they seem to do well. I have heard more good things about C&As. not saying they are better, but that's what I hear about.

by lowering the front end you will bottom out more. If anything I would get a ski-widening kit.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigf150 said:
REV_X_MAN said:
After looking into buying them I also have noticed a lot of snow-x ers using these. they seem to do well. I have heard more good things about C&As. not saying they are better, but that's what I hear about.

by lowering the front end you will bottom out more. If anything I would get a ski-widening kit.
[snapback]715334[/snapback]​
OK thanks...C&A razors are not the widest ones....I think XT version is the widerst one....Are they any good for racing ???

I need more info before I make my decision...

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
5,179 Posts
i got the xt C&A skis on my sled. i havent got much riding time on them, but i have got to say i like them a lot. 7" wide ski with a deeper keel. i am using 6" carbide. no studs yet so i figured i would try this setup first. a little hard to turn at slow speed, but once movin i got total control.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
ded moroz said:
bigf150 said:
REV_X_MAN said:

[snapback]715334[/snapback]​
OK thanks...C&A razors are not the widest ones....I think XT version is the widerst one....Are they any good for racing ???

I need more info before I make my decision...
[snapback]717446[/snapback]​
Here you go
Clicky http://www.sledpro.com/page11.html

·
Members
693 Posts
C&A PRO Outlaws & XTs are what alot of racers use. The XT will float better being 7 1/4" wide. The USI PXs will also float nice due to width. If I had to choose I would say XTs over PXs. JMHO

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KJ Motorsports said:
C&A PRO Outlaws & XTs are what alot of racers use. The XT will float better being 7 1/4" wide. The USI PXs will also float nice due to width. If I had to choose I would say XTs over PXs. JMHO
[snapback]717677[/snapback]​
So C&A are the best choice for ME then ??? but some say that USI are stronger...

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KJ Motorsports said:
I don't see any difference in stength...
[snapback]717913[/snapback]​
OK..I think..then I will go for RED C&A Pro XT with 7-8 inch carbides...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts