Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... is wherever it snowed yesterday.

We got another 10" overnight Saturday into early Sunday here at the house, with over 2 feet of fresh powder above10,000 feet. After plowing in the morning, went for my first ride yesterday afternoon. :D

Loaded trees under blue bird skies...

DSC_0363.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
We had about 2 feet outside my house, but then rain and 45 degree temps murdered that.. sooo yea..

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to get back up there this afternoon to play around in the pow some more. Another blue bird sky on tap... life is good!

·
Super Moderator
29,363 Posts
We had about 2 feet outside my house, but then rain and 45 degree temps murdered that.. sooo yea..
Same. Hunting season ended so the temp went up 30 degrees. They were saying heavy Lake Effect for Wednesday, now it's down to 2-4 inches. Whatever - it's early.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I need to take a trip. All we got lately is rain and warm temps. When it does snow, it is followed by more warm temps and rain again! :(

·
Registered
752 Posts
... is wherever it snowed yesterday.

We got another 10" overnight Saturday into early Sunday here at the house, with over 2 feet of fresh powder above10,000 feet. After plowing in the morning, went for my first ride yesterday afternoon. :D

Loaded trees under blue bird skies...

attachicon.gif
DSC_0363.JPG
That is awesome. Jealous.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
We had a pretty good start and then it rained for two days with temps nearing 40 degrees.. It's snowing now though and with another 4" or so we'll be back in business.. Fortunately it was not a complete meltdown.. Groomers rolled last fri or sat and IMO they went out too early and scraped up a lot of dirt. That being said, trails are pretty flat and should have an icy base now. I'm going to have to ride tomorrow to see how bad it is. One nice thing about riding an 8 year old sled with 20,000mi. on it is that I'm not too concerned about getting it dirty or riding marginal conditions. I need to move out west though as these warm ups are killing me. It used to be one January thaw per season and now it's a Dec, Jan, Feb and March thaw all the time.

Reactions: 12/3 and mbret2004

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last season we had very little snowfall prior to Christmas, and didn't start riding 'til the first week of January. By mid February my garage nearly disappeared...

DSC_0340.JPG

Be an optimist, winter only just getting started. :righton

Attachments

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Sadly I DID live in Vail, CO for a decade. Had to leave for career change but I sure do miss living in the heart of the rockies and 500" annual snowfall

Reactions: MotoXR

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I lived and worked in beaver creek for many many years and love that part of colorado. But the south western part of the state is the best part of the rockies. The san juan mtns will always be my “home” and i miss them dearly!

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
I was on a survey crew shooting centerlines for all the chairlifts and the main access road at Beaver Creek, back in the day

Reactions: Boylstonrider

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Nice! I helped build a couple of the lifts at beaver creek. I have spent a ton of time on that mtn. Even grew up snowboarding there..

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I lived and worked in beaver creek for many many years and love that part of colorado. But the south western part of the state is the best part of the rockies. The san juan mtns will always be my "home" and i miss them dearly!
We definitely have some the most extreme terrain in the US rockies. And along with that, the most human triggered avalanche accidents/fatalities annually in the US. Last year's avy statistics for Colorado's San Juan Mountains were off the chart, including a number of massive slides covering much larger areas than what's been typical in the past.

Beyond the Picture Postcard views, there are plenty of tempting areas to find yourself 'riding in the danger zone'...

DSC_0309.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts