Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best oil to use in my sled? I have been using Bombardier synthetic and cleaned my raves last night. There was a little carbon on the points of the raves a couple millimeters thick. The sled has 2500 kms on it and it was the first time I ever cleaned them. I picked up some IPONE because someone told me it was fine in an SDI but I'm not sure. Any opinions on which is the best and why?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
why not use the correct oil and what doo recommends?

the synthetic/mineral blend...

full synthetic does not have all the capabilities needed by the SDI and neither does pure mineral... the mix does...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I believe it was the blend I was using. I used what was recommended. I want to know what is the best and most cost effective. Just looking for info and experiences!

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
"best" is the XP-S blend, thats what the motor was designed for. But as for cost effective, not a chance!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
"best" is the XP-S blend, thats what the motor was designed for. But as for cost effective, not a chance!

[snapback]732004[/snapback]​
here ins the states it's about the same as amsoil or klotz which is why i run it even though my riding buds a ipone and spectro dealer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have always ran Amsoil Intercepter keeps RAVE's clean and i have never put a piston in any of my sleds. Just my opinion alot of guys like to stick to skidoo oil even though from what i have been told its just castrol in a different bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts