Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of SNOW ELIMINATOR running boards on my 2006 Summit X Rev 800-159. They totally eliminated snow build up on the running boards. They worked so well I had to put another set on my wife's 2006 Summit X Reve800-151. We finally got 2 feet of powder on top of our rain soaked snow. SNOW ELIMINATORS are the best product for the price that I have put on our sleds in a long time. The group we ride with were so impressed with these SNOW ELIMINATORS they had to order some. Their running boards were completely packed with snow and ours weren't. Now it's back to working on the ARK again.

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
And where might we buy these SNOW ELIMINATORS?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There has been so much snow this year
in VT, but alas
I have had to leave my sled parked. The problem? Terrible
snow build on my running boards. I have been praying that a non doo-talk sponsor with 2 posts would start selling some SNOW ELIMINATORS , or something
, so I could ride once again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bobadoo said:
And where might we buy these SNOW ELIMINATORS?
[snapback]686712[/snapback]​
Call Terry at JVS Sheetmetal Fabrication 541 774-9480 I first saw them in SnoWest Forum under performance modified heading. Type in snow eliminator. there is a member called Hammer. He's got pictures of them on an Arctic Cat ; but he makes them for all brands. Hope this helps. PS I'd send pictures of mine but my wife refuses to help me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think someone is pulling our leg. Don't the 2006 Summit running boards already come with big holes in them stock? This looks like an aftermarket device to make the cats and poo's running boards like the ski-doo's

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
The new Doos .. do not need this device as the running boards already are designed to let the snow fall through. However, I just installed these on my old RMK and they work awesome in every way. They let the snow fall through and they actually stiffen your running boards and look trick too.

They are made by a guy in Washington who owns a sheetmetal shop and is an avid mountain rider. He sent me up a pair $130 with out me paying first .. a class guy totally. If you have an old style sled and the snow builds up and you find yourself digging it off everytime you stop .. these are the way to go. An awesome product.

·
Registered
91 Posts
High Life said:
The new Doos .. do not need this device as the running boards already are designed to let the snow fall through. However, I just installed these on my old RMK and they work awesome in every way. They let the snow fall through and they actually stiffen your running boards and look trick too.

They are made by a guy in Washington who owns a sheetmetal shop and is an avid mountain rider. He sent me up a pair $130 with out me paying first .. a class guy totally. If you have an old style sled and the snow builds up and you find yourself digging it off everytime you stop .. these are the way to go. An awesome product.
[snapback]686991[/snapback]​
Snow Eliminators are without a doubt the best mod I have ever made. I have them on my 04 and they work way better than my buddys 06's. Not only does the snow fall through but they also provide great traction for the boots. My 04 instantly went from having some of the worst running boards to the very best.

Actually they are made in Oregon but your close:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
That was the only thing i didn't like about my buddies 04 800 summit was the running boards and the foot wells got packed full of snow and ice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:
YamaDooPolCat said:
1Fast68 said:
That was the only thing i didn't like about my buddies 04 800 summit was the running boards and the foot wells got packed full of snow and ice.
[snapback]687460[/snapback]​
What problem?
[snapback]687464[/snapback]​
It appears that you are a sit down rider. The only spots that don't have snow are where your feet and tush are planted. Maybe a heated seat should be where you need to put your money (only kidding). These snow eliminators are only for the stand up kind of guys that know how to really ride in the deep stuff which means standing up and jumping from side to side as you manuever up steep terrain through the trees. Its nice to be able to know your foot won't slip off when you're making quick moves. We really need these snow eliminators because we're deep powder Oregon riders.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Jet Doo said:
:
YamaDooPolCat said:
1Fast68 said:
What problem?
It appears that you are a sit down rider. The only spots that don't have snow are where your feet and tush are planted. Maybe a heated seat should be where you need to put your money (only kidding). These snow eliminators are only for the stand up kind of guys that know how to really ride in the deep stuff which means standing up and jumping from side to side as you manuever up steep terrain through the trees. Its nice to be able to know your foot won't slip off when you're making quick moves. We really need these snow eliminators because we're deep powder Oregon riders.
[snapback]687894[/snapback]​

ummm would suggest just a little more observation of his pic prior to slamming him (even if teasing)

Notice that tube right next to the tunnel...pretty ingenius re-routing of the coolant to eliminate snow....it is kind of like what Poo does...

·
Registered
91 Posts
MTdreamRev said:
Jet Doo said:
:
YamaDooPolCat said:
1Fast68 said:
What problem?
[snapback]687894[/snapback]​

ummm would suggest just a little more observation of his pic prior to slamming him (even if teasing)

Notice that tube right next to the tunnel...pretty ingenius re-routing of the coolant to eliminate snow....it is kind of like what Poo does...
[snapback]687903[/snapback]​

Snow Eliminators work much better than the heated edges in deep powder. Their is no possible way that the snow can be melted off as fast as it falls through the holes in the eliminators. Plus you still have the lack of traction on the 04 running boards. The only problem with mine is that they don't go all the way back. I end up with a block of snow at the rear of the running board. They also stiffen the running board for those that are bending them.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
I had seen this on snowest a few weeks back and started a thread here on it but at the time it did not appear they made a REV version. Do they make a REV version now or did you just buy the closest match and modify to fit?

These are WAY better then the stock summit running boards and personally I would much rather install these then re-route my cooling system. Not to mention who wants the tubing running down the running board. I like to be able to "clamp" the tunnel with my feet and the tubes would be very obstructive.

Not-to-mention these look sweet when installed!

·
1,281 Posts
HighSierra said:
i thought they only made them for Cats and Poos.....I'd really like a set for my 04 summit with the older style running boards
[snapback]687434[/snapback]​
He makes them for all brands and for different model years as well.

·
1,281 Posts
Fmrdoo said:
High Life said:

Snow Eliminators are without a doubt the best mod I have ever made. I have them on my 04 and they work way better than my buddys 06's. Not only does the snow fall through but they also provide great traction for the boots. My 04 instantly went from having some of the worst running boards to the very best.

[snapback]687174[/snapback]​
I'd have to disagree .. the 05' and 06's running boards dont build up snow at all .. I dont recommend installing these on the newer models at all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
High Life said:
Fmrdoo said:
High Life said:

I'd have to disagree .. the 05' and 06's running boards dont build up snow at all .. I dont recommend installing these on the newer models at all.
[snapback]688207[/snapback]​
The 05 & 06's are the best stock running boards, but they build up snow just not as bad as the others. The Snow Eliminators work much better. Just comparing my buddys 06 to mine has proven it. I don't know if I would put them on an 05 or newer though. They are better but is it worth it? 04's are a no brainer though.

·
1,281 Posts
Fmrdoo said:
High Life said:
Fmrdoo said:
High Life said:

[snapback]688207[/snapback]​
The 05 & 06's are the best stock running boards, but they build up snow just not as bad as the others. The Snow Eliminators work much better. Just comparing my buddys 06 to mine has proven it. I don't know if I would put them on an 05 or newer though. They are better but is it worth it? 04's are a no brainer though.
[snapback]688266[/snapback]​
\
Hey, we agree, 04' and older for sure!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts