Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-- I currently own an 06 mxz 800 and am looking to get a new sled that is mostly for me but my wife can take on the trails as well. She's been sledding once on a field so i need to win her over hopefully by showing her the beautiful canadian trails we have (not the best this season).

I've made up my mind after reading a lot of posts on this forum and researching online and have chosen the Renegade Adrenaline 900 ACE. Seems to be a phenomenal sled for trails and is peppy enough on those tight twists and turns on the trails.

I am 95% of the time on the trails and am not a speed freak. Just love cruising the trails and enjoying the scenery. Once in a while i like to go fast but very seldom.

What do you guys believe is the best year for these sleds? Meaning least amount of problems, all the kinks worked out etc. I am looking at a 2017 but if there has been a year that they have been near bulletproof i will go older.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think all years are fine. The 2014's did have a clutch spring update/recall. The 2015 have a reversible finger throttle, RAS2 and updated key.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Not sure if all years had the itc, but i sure like the light throttle pull. Im sure she would too. Engine wise i think they are all great years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help! Reversible finger throttle and ability to switch between modes are great features that made me lean towards the ACE. And looks like all are goods years with little to no issues. Thanks for the quick replies.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Just bought my wife a 2016 900 ace renegade.

She is not normally one to comment on how a sled is behaving..........but after her first ride on this sled she said that she absolutely loves it.

After I rode it.....I have to agree.

This is a great sled!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I now have a 2016 900, Had a 2015 900 and cousin has a 14. Clutching and RPM's are more consistent on 16's especially compared to 15. Changes made to clutch are the reason.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was lucky enough to find number 004 in the pre-production year 2013. It did have all the same bells and whistles as current models with the exception of RAS 2. Haven't had a hook add gas and have fun and still on the original belt.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Trouble free sleds, just start and have fun.
11,000 miles on my '14 TNT 900 and almost 4,000 miles on my '16 Rene 900.
Like the RAS2 and clutching better on the '16, also like the Rene better than the TNT.

mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so it seems the '16 clutching is the most improved but in general all years have been great! I'm leaning towards a '16 or '17 Rene.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts