Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any experience with doing the LED headlight bulb upgrade? im looking on ebay and see a bunch of direct from china ones (i assume is junk mostly, but i did order LED replacement bulbs for my trailer lights and love them) and i also see some name brand ones like CREE. Just wondering whats best, id like some more light with the least power usage increase. has anyone ever done a small LED light bar? not sure where it would mount but it would be awesome!

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
don't kid yourself. They are all from China...just different levels of crap...some decent crap other just bad crap.

Roll the dice, pick one and run them and report back to us :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fair enough lol. its gonna take a month to get here from china so by then snow will be gone so figured id ask around and add this to the list of summer projects

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I put led Cree in my sled and were white and clear.
but didn't shoot out far enough
Just not enough light output
They are out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,222 Posts
My buddy Mike (f419sr) put one on his REV.

Came out awesome! I'm planning on doing the same. Rigid Industries 6" driving spector. I have the larger Rigid 10 inch double roww on my Outlander and it i just flat out RIDICULOUS!

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
Rigid is about as good as it gets. I'm going to put a SR10 bar on my ATV. They are not shy when they put their price tag on their stuff....

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buddy Mike (f419sr) put one on his REV.

Came out awesome! I'm planning on doing the same. Rigid Industries 6" driving spector. I have the larger Rigid 10 inch double roww on my Outlander and it i just flat out RIDICULOUS!
id LOVE to see some pics of a light bar mounted on a rev.

I put led Cree in my sled and were white and clear. but didn't shoot out far enough Just not enough light output They are out Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is one of my concerns. I know LEDs are close to the light output of HIDs but im afraid they just wont reach out enough and im having a hard time finding some that arent designed to just be daytime running lights and are designed to be actual low/high beam headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
read info on replacement headlamp bulbs carefully...I sell atv/utv led lightbars etc...work very well,however the replacement headlamp bulbs that I have seen are NOT designed to be a headlight replacement,as in not bright enough for a primary light source...just my 3 cents...Hardy

·
900T XRS
55,222 Posts
I'll find something for you zippo.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice i like the light bar mounted to the belly pan thou id be worried about hitting something with it. i like the light bar mounted to the handle bars idea too! its the same idea honda has with their utility atvs, having lights pointed right infront of you and where you are turing. im guessing not having a battery will not be enough to run a light bar. i believe i currently have the 360 watt stator.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
read info on replacement headlamp bulbs carefully...I sell atv/utv led lightbars etc...work very well,however the replacement headlamp bulbs that I have seen are NOT designed to be a headlight replacement,as in not bright enough for a primary light source...just my 3 cents...Hardy
all the h4 led bulbs ive found have been listed as a replacement for automotive daytime running lights and not for the primary headlights so i was just wondering if anyone made one. I hadnt even thought of the light bar idea til it was mentioned. I like the idea of mounting it on the handle bars

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all the h4 led bulbs ive found have been listed as a replacement for automotive daytime running lights and not for the primary headlights so i was just wondering if anyone made one. I hadnt even thought of the light bar idea til it was mentioned. I like the idea of mounting it on the handle bars

·
900T XRS
55,222 Posts
We just did a trip to Maine and rode 1150 miles, no issues with were it was mounted. Now if you venture off trail .......all bets are off. LOL

Not sure what the draw on that bar is.

My issue with doing it is, I throw my sled in the back of my truck and cover it. No way the cover will go on with the bar there. If I can figure out a way to make a quick connect system for it, I'll be adding it to my 1200. And then handle bar mount it to my Outlander the rest of the year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put a set of GLARE LED h4s in my sled, look good, waiting for snow to try them but they are rated 2200-2600 lumens 6000k hi/low. They are low wattage so they arent as finicky as the HIDs

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was thinking of doing the blue-white HID H4s. I used to have a set in a car and it always lite up the white snow or white signs really really good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts