Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Basically you add about a 1/4” shim under the back half of the ski spindle bushing. You can make one out of piece of rubber from an old track that r anything else you have thats strong enough not to collapse too much when compressed by the ski.

This video will give you the idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pit Grunt and skof

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great post Foxx, I've been struggling with exactly the same problem on a '20 900 NA Enduro. The TS skis can be adjusted from "medium darting" to "extra darting".

I put Navigators on this summer, looking forward to seeing how they work. Next step would be taking the whole adjustable junk off and installing 5.7's or 6.9's, with the double carbides. 5.7's with double carbides have been our go-to solution on XP and XS sleds, bulletproof solution, but a costly upgrade when you're starting with a sled with TS skis.
Navigators cure the darting.Use them on my ts skis.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
19 900T Enduro, Shim the skis. Glue gun forms a perfect shim, Navigators and 7" 1/4" deeper carbides.

What the hell is Darting?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Haven't actually ridden my 2019 900 NA yet but I already went ahead and did navigators / 7" carbides. Will be shimming skis too before I get it on trail. Very reassuring from most of the responses here that it should work well!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Thanks, everyone. All very helpful. I think I will try the navigators first as they are the cheapest, and run with the carbides up, and see how that works. Another question - one fellow mentioned shimming the skis, and I have heard others talk about that, but I don't really know what you mean. Are you trying to change the angle front-to-back or side-to-side? Could someone explain in more detail what you actually do, or give me a link to something that does?
Brother & I have used 1/8" steel or alum' for our shims on both the 5.7s & TS skis.

Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Grille Automotive tire

21 - 25 of 25 Posts