Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Enduro 900 Turbo that I find darts at high speed more than I like, no matter how I adjust the carbides. I would like to try to improve that for the coming year. Short of replacing the skis with ones that take double carbides, I found the following options:
  • BRP 7' / 60 degree carbide instead of the stock 5" 90 degree carbide - about $200 Cdn.
  • Woody Navigators - about $175 Cdn.
  • Aggressive Snowtrackers - about $300 cdn.

I'd appreciate hearing from people who have tried one or more of these, and what people think would work best. I'm leaning toward the longer BRP carbide so would especially like to know if someone has found that helped with darting on their Enduro.
Are there other products I should be looking at?
Thanks very much for any advice offered.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I put a set of semi-aggressive Snotrackers on a 2013 GSX LE 1200 with pilot 5.7 skis and the results were remarkable. Worth every penny, as long as you set up the suspension properly.

I can't speak to your other options, I've never had them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
2019 Enduro 900 ACE here

I found by backing the carbides to minimum reduced my darting considerably. Counter intuitive I realize, but just what I found running on the rail trails

It took me two years, and almost 9,000Kms to discover I was using way too much carbide depth. Only later in the season when we had spring type snow did I deploy them lower. Also lowered on trails that had fresh deep snow that hadn't been groomed.

good luck
brian

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Navigators work. We have them on all four of ours. Typically $50.00 US

2 Euduro's, 1 MXZ, and 1 Polaris Pro-S

Reactions: 74Craig

·
Registered
743 Posts
2019 Enduro 900 ACE here

I found by backing the carbides to minimum reduced my darting considerably. Counter intuitive I realize, but just what I found running on the rail trails

It took me two years, and almost 9,000Kms to discover I was using way too much carbide depth. Only later in the season when we had spring type snow did I deploy them lower. Also lowered on trails that had fresh deep snow that hadn't been groomed.

good luck
brian
Precisely!! If the steering is nervous, i.e too aggressive, the solution might be something else than "more steering"!?!?

Ride mostly off trail and therefore I'm running carbide free wear bars, (make them myself from wear resistant steel), to save on a-arms and still I don't feel I lack steering on anything softer than ice and plowed road.
Even frozen hard spring trails are fine without carbide and my sled is a 154".

Doo has put some really weird spindles on some of the sleds too and that doesn't help with nervous front ends either.

·
Premium Member
2022 Expy 600R SE 2021 XRS 850 Rene
4,020 Posts
Here is what I do like many other people also>>>>>Shim Ski, 7 inch BRP carbide and then Woody Navigators and then use as much carbide as you think depending on snow conditions>>>>>I use the concept that is if the sled does not push in the corners I have enough Carbide down in the snow>>>>

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Sno-Trackers and never look back!

Bob

·
Registered
2020 Enduro 900NA, 2022 Enduro 900NA, 2016 Adrenaline 800; 2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT
331 Posts
I have a 2021 Enduro 900 Turbo that I find darts at high speed more than I like, no matter how I adjust the carbides. I would like to try to improve that for the coming year. Short of replacing the skis with ones that take double carbides, I found the following options:
  • BRP 7' / 60 degree carbide instead of the stock 5" 90 degree carbide - about $200 Cdn.
  • Woody Navigators - about $175 Cdn.
  • Aggressive Snowtrackers - about $300 cdn.

I'd appreciate hearing from people who have tried one or more of these, and what people think would work best. I'm leaning toward the longer BRP carbide so would especially like to know if someone has found that helped with darting on their Enduro.
Are there other products I should be looking at?
Thanks very much for any advice offered.
Great post Foxx, I've been struggling with exactly the same problem on a '20 900 NA Enduro. The TS skis can be adjusted from "medium darting" to "extra darting".

I put Navigators on this summer, looking forward to seeing how they work. Next step would be taking the whole adjustable junk off and installing 5.7's or 6.9's, with the double carbides. 5.7's with double carbides have been our go-to solution on XP and XS sleds, bulletproof solution, but a costly upgrade when you're starting with a sled with TS skis.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2019 Enduro 900 ACE here

good luck
brian
This right here is what you should try before spending any money.
I was dealing with the darting on my "new to me" sled. Which was annoying and i figured i'd add more carbide depth to help, it made it worse. So it is counter intuitive, but it works.

Before I figured that out, I added Woody's navigators to see if it helped, it made a little bit of a difference but didn't remove it completely. Only raising the carbide depth helped remove it completely.
I have to replace the stock carbides (5 inch 90 degree) this year, so i'm going up to the standard 7 inch ones as I added studs last year as well. I hope to maintain how the sled was running at the end of last year once i finally got it all dialed in...

·
Registered
'09 & '13 GSX 1200's 1985 Manta 500
1,160 Posts
I put a set of semi-aggressive Snotrackers on a 2013 GSX LE 1200 with pilot 5.7 skis and the results were remarkable. Worth every penny, as long as you set up the suspension properly.

I can't speak to your other options, I've never had them.
My wife's sled is identical to yours. 144 Woody's in the track and have the aggressive ST's on it. She has no complaints, steering is light and no darting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, everyone. All very helpful. I think I will try the navigators first as they are the cheapest, and run with the carbides up, and see how that works. Another question - one fellow mentioned shimming the skis, and I have heard others talk about that, but I don't really know what you mean. Are you trying to change the angle front-to-back or side-to-side? Could someone explain in more detail what you actually do, or give me a link to something that does?

·
Registered
120 Posts
on my 900T I did navigators and the 7" carbide with the extra 1/4" and found it night and day better than stock setup. Used ST on my 1200 and they did very well as well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Along with ski alignment and shims I found it necessary to go to a heavier spring on the center track shock to take some weight off the skis on my 2014 900 Renegade. That was the first year of the 900 4 stroke and Ski Doo used the same springs as the 600 Renegade, which weighed about 40# less. Later years used a heavier short spring. I think 2019 was the first year of the 900 Turbo. You should be able to look on the Ski Doo website and look up the springs on yours compared to the newer models. Or maybe you just need to crank up the existing center track shock spring.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2019 Enduro 900 ACE here

good luck
brian

Candubrain is absolutely RIGHT!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
To eliminate darting without spending any money. This has worked on all 3 Ski Doos Ive owned over the years.

Doo in this order.

1) set front and rear suspension sag as per manual. Make sure sled is loaded with gear you ride with.
2) set track tension as per manual
3) set track alignment as per manual (must Doo before ski alignment)
4) set ski alignment as per manual
5) go ride. The TS ski adjustment is great for fine tuning once al the above is done CORRECTLY!!

Shimming skis can help as well if you notice the tips are pointing down when off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To eliminate darting without spending any money. This has worked on all 3 Ski Doos Ive owned over the years.

Doo in this order.

1) set front and rear suspension sag as per manual. Make sure sled is loaded with gear you ride with.
2) set track tension as per manual
3) set track alignment as per manual (must Doo before ski alignment)
4) set ski alignment as per manual
5) go ride. The TS ski adjustment is great for fine tuning once al the above is done CORRECTLY!!

Shimming skis can help as well if you notice the tips are pointing down when off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this. Could you expand on how to shim skis?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts