Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and couldn't find quite the thread I was looking for...

I just bought a G4 Renegade X, and am trying to decide one the best combo of linq accessories for the two tunnel positions. I've already got the large seat/trail bag, and I think ultimately I will want to go with the slim tunnel bag, which I understand can fit the 137s with an adapter, but to start the season I think i'll want to carry fuel until i'm confident in the range i'll get on the G4, and access to all of our normal fuel spots opens up.

So, I'm looking for input on which bag goes best with mostly likely the smaller 11L fuel caddy. I don't really care for how the slanted 'picnic basket' style bag looks, but that seems to be the popular combo. Anybody have recommendations on their ideal fuel/bag combo on the 137s, or pictures of their setups?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are you looking for suggestions for multi day saddle bagging trips? If so how many days trips usually?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you looking for suggestions for multi day saddle bagging trips? If so how many days trips usually?
Almost always just day trips. My line of thinking is that i'll probably throw all of the stuff I keep on the sled at all times - tool kits, first aid, tow rope etc - in the seat bag, and then a linq bag that is a little easier to take off I would use for what I pack for a given day and probably store somewhere heated instead of in the trailer - extra jacket, gloves, goggles, water bottle, etc. Huge capacity isn't really necessary, I'm really just looking to see some pictures of how different set ups look. I'm really just not a fan of how that slated bag posted below looks, personally. I find that the link system is great, but sometimes the aesthetics can leave something to be desired. Although, I think the seat trail bag integrates/looks great, but some of the other bags, not so much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just some ideas of bags look like with tank.
Thanks! This is very likely what i'll end up going with, except with the smaller gas can and no stacking. Do you know off hand what the weight limit for the G4 tunnel is? With those bags and caddie full, i'd imagine theres the potential for a lot of weight there? I'm reluctant to go with the larger caddy knowing it will just sit there full almost all the time on top of whatever else I put in bags, as tunnels on previous models were pretty restricted in what they could officially manage.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
trying to post pic of my tunnel setup but pics always upside down, what am i doing wrong??
I have to edit mine, turn them 360 degrees and save to get my pics so they are straight, hughley annoying. Must be a kid on here that can teach us what we are doing wrong.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The “picnic basket” bags aren’t made any more. The new bag is more squared off. If anyone knows where a medium picnic basket can be located, let me know. I’m adding the UpNorth adapter plate this year and like the picnic basket style better than the new bag. My setup will be like the XRS picture above. Probably too much stuff, but I like options!

·
Banshee Builder
7,820 Posts
I have to edit mine, turn them 360 degrees and save to get my pics so they are straight, hughley annoying. Must be a kid on here that can teach us what we are doing wrong.
so edit the pic before posting? i tried rotating 360 saving and still upsidedown

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've never used em all but the option is there...

Usually just the 2 bags, works well.
Nice. I think this is the setup i'll most likely end up with, the larger gas can and the bag behind it. No need for the additional one on top of the gas caddy. I think if i ever do any long multi day things, I'd specifically pick up one of the large adventure bags or one of the hard boxes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts