Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my birthday day was yesterday and i didnt get any thing so i was wondering if my parents forgot it. but today my dad brought home a new 06 800 its the best birthday gift ever i post so pics as soon as i get the also if you guys no some good performace mods that would be very helpfull thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thats cool man, my dad got me a new one back in 04. I try to let him ride it from time to time. I think he will get himself a new one soon also. As far as mods. I have done a handlebar riser, can, boss seat, and simmons skis. I think those new skis are better than the stockers I had on my 04 though.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Tell your dad to buy you a new Hummer to go along with that 800.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Dude, all seriousness aside, do us a favor and ride it first before you worry about mods, its free, enjoy it.............

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
hancockd_maritime said:
Daddys gotten me 3 new sleds for christmas since 2003!!!! He wont buy one for himself though.

[snapback]718943[/snapback]​
consider yourself a very lucky kid... The only sled my parents bought me was a 1971 arctic cat panther 440 when I was about 6.... Actually they bought it for themselves but I took over at around age 10. LOL...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Must be nice ,DOO your parents want to adopt?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
u have a prety cool dad. i have hade to work for every sled i ever hade. i started on a early 80's skidoo citation. since i have hade probly 20 sleds newer as i go. and i hade to pay for every one.but the fealing of knowing i paid for my own way is priceless

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Parents pay for sleds?!!? Man what a rip off........... I couldnt even get them to pay for my braces.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
darn tht the best present in the world, but nothing beats mine: a 1980 citation half apart and broken lmao!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your a lucky guy. When I was a kid My parents couldn't afford to pay attention let alone buy me a new sled.
Enjoy it ,but give it chance before you start moddin the crap out of it or you will never know how good it was to start with.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Congratulations

But like everyone said, ride it first. Going from a 500ss to an 800 is a huge jump in power. Get used to the power of the 800 before you mod it. Plus some mods will void your warranty and I'm sure your Dad doesn't want that.

Enjoy

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thats awesome ! Cool Dad. My Uncle bought my cousin 2 brand new 600HO SDI's last year. One for him and one for a friend of his choice whenever he wants to go ride. I guess my name is skip in the family ! Actually, I could use them if I wanted but I have a REV that I paid for myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anthony765 congrats on your new sled.I agree with doo52. Dont do anything with your new sled.My cousin just bought a new 800 and let me tell you that thing flys. I bought a new 600hosdi. We went up to Old Forge N.Y. about a month ago raced on a lake.He blew me away. He read his speedometer at 110 and he weigh about 160. Good luck and ride safe. JDiMaria

1 - 20 of 24 Posts