Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(money no object) just want the best track period for acceleration and all around back country riding 60% and trail riding 40%...... and what has been your experience.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
279 Posts
A 2" lug seems to fall in that category and will still get around decent in some deeper snow. After having a Summit and a Freeride with 2"+ tracks, I wouldn't go with anything less than 2" anymore. The ride is a bit rougher in low snow (I ride 75% off trail and only really ride the trail to get to the fun spots) but 2" is about the minimum I'd go with if doing any deep snow riding. I had a 2.25" Camso Challenger on my 2015 Freeride 137 and it was a great all around size. It didn't keep up with Summits in the deep but could ride it on the trail too. I beat on that track for 2500 miles and it still looked brand new at the end.

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,669 Posts
I've got 3 seasons on a 2" Powdermax and have been happy with it.
If I were to swap it would be for a 1.75 Hurricane based solely on reviews I've read here.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Love my 2" Powdermax. I need all the paddle I can get off trail so I (personally) wouldn't go less. No issues with my track on trail other than if you are riding behind me as it throws snow. I have a friend with a Poo Assault with a 2.25" and he rides hard and fast on the trails. That seems like a great off trail track. If his 2.25" holds up to the abuse he gives it on trail my next track may be that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's what I've had in the past few years on G4 FRs

137 2.25" powdermax - wheelie trench machine
137 1.75" BCx2 - Not preferred for offtrail (just okay)
146 2" BCx2 - current setup which I've enjoyed very much for 80off/20on in MI. The thick offset straight lugs pull really well for a 2". I also like the 15" track over the 16". Seems to get on edge a little easier. I've had this track in all conditions and it looks great still. Scratchers needed.

I have a friend who loves his Hurricane and swears by it. He doesn't do as much offtrail riding but does pretty good. Seems everyone who has one loves it.

It's really going to come down to where you spend most of your time. I've had good returns on well maintained tracks. That's why I was willing to try a variety throughout the years. As long as you stay away from the Cobras you'll be better off. Would be good to try some friend's sleds if they have different tracks too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
2k+ miles on a 1.75 hurricane. Mostly trail miles in Michigan on a bc xrs. Awesome track! Swapped for a bcx2 this year as im doing more off trail now

·
Registered
2022 Backcountry X Blue/Orange
99 Posts
Here's what I've had in the past few years on G4 FRs

137 2.25" powdermax - wheelie trench machine
137 1.75" BCx2 - Not preferred for offtrail (just okay)
146 2" BCx2 - current setup which I've enjoyed very much for 80off/20on in MI. The thick offset straight lugs pull really well for a 2". I also like the 15" track over the 16". Seems to get on edge a little easier. I've had this track in all conditions and it looks great still. Scratchers needed.

I have a friend who loves his Hurricane and swears by it. He doesn't do as much offtrail riding but does pretty good. Seems everyone who has one loves it.

It's really going to come down to where you spend most of your time. I've had good returns on well maintained tracks. That's why I was willing to try a variety throughout the years. As long as you stay away from the Cobras you'll be better off. Would be good to try some friend's sleds if they have different tracks too.
I wish the 2” Powdermax offered on the Backcountry was 15” wide-that would be my go-to choice then. 15” makes a lot of things easier including getting on edge, turning, etc.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
They have a 15 wide 2" track at Tracks USA. It's the challenger, which I believe is the same as the 2" Powdermax.

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS ordered// 2019 BC 850- 16,238miles traded
8,266 Posts
1.75 hurricane is what I'm putting on my 22
same here, awsome track. had 7500 miles on it before it lost lugs. had over 10.000 miles on the track when i traded the sled a few months ago, 13 lugs were gone lol

·
Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS ordered// 2019 BC 850- 16,238miles traded
8,266 Posts
Wow that's a lot of miles Mike, that tells everyone thinking about getting a Hurricane track how well the durability is!! (y)(y)
yessir im super impressed with what i got out of it. and plenty of those miles were hard crusty scratchers down trails last season

·
Registered
212 Posts
I put 2500 miles on a 2" and loved it. And the majority was trail riding. Ordered a 2" on the Assault to compare.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts