Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having an issue with bent track clips taking out the slides? I'm going on my third set this year.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Seems common. I have had some long shreads of hyfax hanging out of clips.
I thought maybe it was the extrovert drivers causeing the problem, but I don't believe your sled uses those drivers.
I was able to snug the clips up with water pump pliers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the angled piece against the lug that is slicing into the hyfax. I think the cheapend the clips material. I've owned other Ski-Doos before and never had a problem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
goodolboy said:
It is the angled piece against the lug that is slicing into the hyfax. I think the cheapend the clips material. I've owned other Ski-Doos before and never had a problem.
[snapback]751229[/snapback]​
A Buddy of mine bought a 04 600ho rev x this year. First trip to tug hill he tore a new slider out due to a bent clip. The 3rd or 4th trip he tore another new slider out due to a bent clip no Idea why this is happening.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's funny a couple of weeks ago I was at the Hill and bent a clip up and chamfered the slider all the way down, but it didn't cut down to the rails. I couldn't get a large set of pliers in there to bend it back down, so I used a hammer with a block behind the track. It went back down, but it took some work. Those things are hard! How the hell are we bending them?

Hammer

·
Hurry, pull my string again!
2,181 Posts
HammeringHank said:
It went back down, but it took some work. Those things are hard! How the hell are we bending them?
[snapback]751514[/snapback]​
o rock hit on the outside against the rail will push the track up hard enough to bend the tabs on the clips. it's gott abe just right, but with this year's conditions...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts