Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I got to ride my new rev, by the end of the weekend I noticed that my windshield was hitting the plastic on one side. I tried to adjust it but I could not adjust it enough to get it to stop hitting. Has anybody bent their handlebars? I came up off of the seat and landed hard on the bars from one bump. The shocks did not bottom out either...?? Suggestions? This would not be a symptom of a bent nun? I forgot the digital camera so I did not get any pics.

Tim

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
behindpropellers said:
This weekend I got to ride my new rev, by the end of the weekend I noticed that my windshield was hitting the plastic on one side. I tried to adjust it but I could not adjust it enough to get it to stop hitting. Has anybody bent their handlebars? I came up off of the seat and landed hard on the bars from one bump. The shocks did not bottom out either...?? Suggestions? This would not be a symptom of a bent nun? I forgot the digital camera so I did not get any pics.

Tim
[snapback]713618[/snapback]​
It does sound like you may have bent your bars. I have bent my bars form landing hard on jumps too. A buddy that I rode with in Michigan a few weeks ago did the same thing. He has the stock bar and his were rubbing on the widshield. I am assuming that you have a sport, trail, or adrenaline. I would suggest ditching those bars and windshield and getting the X stuff.
-Good luck

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is an '05 550 Fan. If I upgrade anything on it, it will be skis and shocks. I only plan on riding it until the end of next season and then upgrading. If my GF still enjoys sledding then, this will be her sled.

I wonder if I can get this covered under warranty?

Tim

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
get what covered??

handlebars that bent cause you landed on them?

seems like doo is a bit tough to get valid claims through they sure ain't going to fall for the old...

"it came with bent bars, honest ... story..."

[/QUOTE]This would not be a symptom of a bent nun?
no it would not...

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
ViperER said:
get what covered??

handlebars that bent cause you landed on them?

seems like doo is a bit tough to get valid claims through they sure ain't going to fall for the old...

"it came with bent bars, honest ... story..."
This would not be a symptom of a bent nun?
no it would not...
[snapback]714088[/snapback]​
Agree!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts