Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at selling my ZX chassis sleds and moving to the REV so I'm doing some homework so that I know what to look for. Today I was at my local dealer and they had an '05 600 X with all the front panels off so I was taking look. The insurance co. was coming over to check out a pretty major bend in the chassis behind the right side suspension and in front of the chaincase. Apparently the guy went a bit sideways off a jump and this was the damage. Then I was browsing photos here in the gallery and noticed similar damage on another REV. Is this a problem area? Are there additional stiffeners that can be added to help prevent this?

·
Registered
326 Posts
You can get chassis stiffeners that are used on the 440's. Check around, the part #'s have been posted before. They should make it much stronger. There is also a thread around here about an aditonal homemade stiffiner.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here's some links providing info as well. On a Rev you need to watch for deformation of the front nun where the a-arms mount, buckling of the front chassis plate (look underneath the sled, remove skidplate if necessary), and buckling of the front left and right tunnel side plates (remove the muffler and look closely behind the primary clutch). Very common issues, fairly simple repair procedure but very labour intensive.

snowest thread with pics from service bulletin
another snowest thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts