Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Does anyone have information about aftermarket frame braces for the bulkhead area of my Rev? The bulkhead is buckled by the recoil. I've seen the braces on the internet or in magazine. I believe they cover the whole side by the recoil and under the chain case. Can anyone help with where I can them? this is the second big hit on r.s. there is not much left to work with i had the bulkhead welded once and replaced the nun now everything is bent or broken again the lower mounts for a arms are torn out as well help! all ideas welcome.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i saw the posting and am familiar with oem braces and have replaced the nun once already but now after 2nd hit the bulkhead/frame is buckled as well i thought i saw the aftermarket brace on a web site for mountain sleds i have all but given up on this tunnel but there must be another idea

·
Registered
144 Posts
04 ren x sdi said:
i saw the posting and am familiar with oem braces and have replaced the nun once already but now after 2nd hit the bulkhead/frame is buckled as well i thought i saw the aftermarket brace on a web site for mountain sleds i have all but given up on this tunnel but there must be another idea
[snapback]706097[/snapback]​
I would call the insurance agent if I were you...

·
Registered
683 Posts
04 ren x sdi said:
Does anyone have information about aftermarket frame braces for the bulkhead area of my Rev? The bulkhead is buckled by the recoil. I've seen the braces on the internet or in magazine. I believe they cover the whole side by the recoil and under the chain case. Can anyone help with where I can them? this is the second big hit on r.s. there is not much left to work with i had the bulkhead welded once and replaced the nun now everything is bent or broken again the lower mounts for a arms are torn out as well help! all ideas welcome.
[snapback]705959[/snapback]​
What are you doing to cause the damage?

When you replaced the nun - did you replace it with the 440 nun and add the additional 440 braces including the one that runs on the outside of the bulkhead next to the recoil.

Also, I don't think it would be too hard to make some of your own braces for your trouble areas. For example, I think a bolt-in brace that goes from the nun to the back of the bulk head/front of the tunnel running above the crankshaft just behind the primary clutch shaft would help to strengthen things up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I didn't like what was available, so I fabricated my own bulkhead brace for that very spot behind the muffler. I used 2 pieces of 1/4" 6061 aluminum plate as raw material for the braces. There's a larger section of plate on the outside of the bulkhead and a smaller one on the inside.

The thin stock "brace" stays in place, and the two custom plates bolt together through the right side of the bulkhead, effectively forming a "sandwich". The result? An extremely rigid right side bulkhead assembly that will not bend.

·
Registered
314 Posts
im a big guy and enjoy "free ride" type riding i only use trails to get to the next hot spot p.s. very dissappointed with 600 sdi seems to never run right thanks for tips i think i'll have skeeter weld a bunch of stuff to it, it will never be perfect. it is an x pkg and i did put a 440 nun on it the first time it seems to have just bent the next week link (the frame)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.