Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 2015 550 expedition. Seller (2nd owner) states first owner hit a snowbank and bent the ski. Seller states a-arm one side needs replacement. Miles on sled 250. Asking $7000 Canadian sale. Questions 1. What's the cost of an a-arm?
2. Would the delta box be bent (where a-arm attaches to sled) ?
3. Fair asking price ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Unless the sled had grip n rip braces installed, the S Module is probably bent as it is weaker than the A arms. It can be replaced but is a fairly big job

·
7,718 Posts
Looking at buying a 2015 550 expedition. Seller (2nd owner) states first owner hit a snowbank and bent the ski. Seller states a-arm one side needs replacement. Miles on sled 250. Asking $7000 Canadian sale. Questions 1. What's the cost of an a-arm?
2. Would the delta box be bent (where a-arm attaches to sled) ?
3. Fair asking price ?
$7000 for a sled with frame damage. Tell him to go get stuffed.

Most times, when you see a sled with unrepaired damage like that, there's a reason why they didn't just slap a couple of A-Arms on there quickly and sell the sled complete. Something moved.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Or offer him $3K if you want a project! Put another $2K-$3K in parts and time and you might have a winner.

Be prepared to learn a lot about taking it apart and putting it back together. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jigger you and I seem to be looking for the same sled. Gordons has 2016 tundra lt 550f for 8699$ 3 year warranty. That's a pretty good price. Almost bought one, but did a ton of reasearch on here and think the expedition 600 ace might be more what I am looking for. But at a premium... I was hoping they would come out with something new for 2017 but the expeditions are exactly the same from what I see on the doo website... not even a change in colour... ha. Hope you find a good sled!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts