Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replaced my bendix spring about 300 kms ago due to spring letting drive sprocket go into the ring gear above5500 rpm.It had cured the noise but now doing same thing above 5500rpm is there a stronger spring ?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'd be suprised if it was that simple.
It's a common problem I've not yet heard a fix for.
I think it's a starter problem ?
I'm no mechanic but that's my guess.

·
Registered
465 Posts
diggger said:
replaced my bendix spring about 300 kms ago due to spring letting drive sprocket go into the ring gear above5500 rpm.It had cured the noise but now doing same thing above 5500rpm is there a stronger spring ?
[snapback]700868[/snapback]​
Hey, just wondering why RPM would affect the bendix spring? Is it because of vibrations from the engine and it "shakes" the starter gear outward??

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
My sled as well as buddies '05 800X both have the same problem with the starter gear hitting the ring gear ( I could see sparks flyind out of his left hand foot well)
He called the dealer they told him the bendix spring has to be replaced,looking at his spring you can see it's rusting and thinning out.My '03 hads 10 000 kms over 3 seasons without any spring issues.

·
Registered
538 Posts
replace armature in starter, the groove wears bigger were the clip sits causing spring to loose preload in turn the bvendix hits ringgear. This is only way to fix this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts