Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any info on the new bender can that is out for the 800 HO? I understand they make very good products but would like to here some of your thoughts thanks.

mark.

Finally some decent snow!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I looked into this as well because some reports from individuals actually seeing a small increase in power with this can ( 2-3 hp's ). I emailed Bender USA and called Bender Canada and both mentioned as much as 8 - 10 hp's in the mid-range...
That's when all credibility was lost as far as I am concerned.

This may end up a great product and any can that will be quiet, loose weight and gain you possibly 2-3 hp's is a good buy as far as I am concerned, but to have any Rep suggesting 8 - 10 as a possibility, made me hold off the purchase at this point. Since the production was "just about to be sold out, better get one now" there should be plenty of real world reports coming out soon. I will wait for those...

Just my $ .02

·
Registered
115 Posts
i got one for my 03.5 bm 800 installed it on sled,way to loud,nickel coating,sucks,looks cheap,nice design fits nice,buddy bought 1 for 04 800 ran it said it felt like he lost power. called bender told them salesman told me "not much louder than stock" bull,they said i could return it.so im shipping it back.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
The bender silencer I dynoed sounded very similar to stock, even in a concrete dyno room. A nicer tone but not too loud, probably the quietest aftermarket silencer Ive ever heard. Made 3 hp on dynotechs superflow dyno on my sled. IMO very high quality compared to most of the "stinger type" junk out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont get a bender silence they are they are very poorly built it coating burns off in seconds and they look like s
omeone built it out of scrap metal with all jagget cut edges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts