Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What belt has worked the best for each?

Ronnies/hlsm.com shows 383 on 2010

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Save yourself the money and heartache from the stock belt. Buy a Carlisle XS821 for half the money and a better belt imo

For the 2016 anyways
Carlisle..seriously? Not a chance...
I will pay a little extra and find a deal on a doo belt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lol I thought the same thing when I bought my sled! But when you can buy a Dayco xtx belt for half the price of oem and it lasts just as long you'll start finding cheaper replacements than a $170 belt

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lol I thought the same thing when I bought my sled! But when you can buy a Dayco xtx belt for half the price of oem and it lasts just as long you'll start finding cheaper replacements than a $170 belt
Some of these guys are paying 200 lol, and they are getting a belt that is less then desirable. But it says Doo on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After you buy a doo, never buy doo parts! The mark up is rediculous!! I'm still in the middle of project rebuild and I have a tally of close to $3,000, sure some of the parts you need from the dealer, but with a little research most the bearings slides brakes etc you can find for way cheaper elsewhere!!
Buy a cheaper belt and run it, what's it gonna hurt? You break that belt go buy another lol then you'll get two belts for the price of one!
But in all honesty, the cheaper Dayco xtx belt on my sled has seen more abuse and lasted longer than the 383 belt I bought at doo for $170 plus
So you can buy 2 $70 Dayco belts and have a spare for less than oem? Makes sense to me

·
Mainway Solutions Inc.
2020 Renegade XRS
2,869 Posts
Another vote here.

You gonna skimp on a $14,000 sled for a $200 belt?
X3 They do a lot of damage when they :explosion:

Put the best belt in and ride with confidence

Reactions: 809

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Save yourself the money and heartache from the stock belt. Buy a Carlisle XS821 for half the money and a better belt imo

For the 2016 anyways
Doo belts are garbage IMO. Im currently running a XS821 with about 500 miles on it. Seems to be very consistent, and looks mint still. My stock Doo belt de-laminated at 815 miles at about 90. All this being said, im slapping a gates carbon on tomorrow and running that for the season, i've had my fair share of Carlisle explode over the years, all were warrantied, but im looking forward to trying the gates

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
The older xs belts had reliability issues some blowing and shredding the top cogs within 100 miles. The new xs compound and design is 10 folds better in reliability and consistency. That's what I run on the trail and the race track. Ran the same belt on the snow for 700 miles then swapped it out on my drag sled for the summer through 1 month of hard testing, and 3 races and still no sign of wear.

Reactions: Camkidjr

·
Registered
463 Posts
Doo belts are garbage IMO. Im currently running a XS821 with about 500 miles on it. Seems to be very consistent, and looks mint still. My stock Doo belt de-laminated at 815 miles at about 90. All this being said, im slapping a gates carbon on tomorrow and running that for the season, i've had my fair share of Carlisle explode over the years, all were warrantied, but im looking forward to trying the gates
It's the belt I switched to when I put down clutching in my last sled, and it has been excellent. I had about 2,000 miles on that belt and it was consistent. Best belt I've run to date.

Can't say that kind of mileage or anything close for consistency out of a Doo belt.... And at twice the price why would anyone? Lol

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Doo belts were made by Mitsubishi for a few years. Maybe still. I haven't verified. Belts have different compounds and angles. Most aftermarket belts are a compromise so they can fit more models with the same belt. Length varies a lot. I never let a belt get even close to blowing. Doo motors have an achilles heal in the PTO seal behind the primary. Many belt failures wrap cord behind the primary and it tears the seal. Unless you remove the primary you will never know its been damaged. Put a new belt on and PTO side goes down anywhere from a few miles to hundreds of miles later depending on how bad the seal is leaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
448 Posts
Doo belts were made by Mitsubishi for a few years. Maybe still. I haven't verified. Belts have different compounds and angles. Most aftermarket belts are a compromise so they can fit more models with the same belt. Length varies a lot. I never let a belt get even close to blowing. Doo motors have an achilles heal in the PTO seal behind the primary. Many belt failures wrap cord behind the primary and it tears the seal. Unless you remove the primary you will never know its been damaged. Put a new belt on and PTO side goes down anywhere from a few miles to hundreds of miles later depending on how bad the seal is leaking.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yep MachZ990 you're correct BRP Belt supplier is MBL...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts