Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1330 Posts

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
Had to go to Chambly, Quebec on Friday for some family business. While there I stopped by the Unibroue brewery to see if they had a store...they did not. But before leaving town I stopped at a grocery store and found what I was looking for and a few others to try. I found the two collab brews Unibroue did with Dave Mustaine from Megadeth. That contract is coming to an end so I was glad to find some of each to try. 👍🤘

I also found their blueberry version of Blanche de Chambly which I’ve read good reviews about. I like their original version and that’s the beer that got me into citrusy beers.

I picked up a few other Unibroue offerings as well as some other Quebec beers that were reasonably priced. Most of the beers on the shelf were $4.00-$5.50 per can! 😮

Alcoholic beverage Font Publication Drink Metal
Tableware Drinkware Beer Barware Cocktail
Font Gadget Electronic device Computer component Audio equipment
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can Beer
Brown Liquid Ingredient Bottle Fluid
Packaging and labeling Font Ingredient Drink Box
Tableware Drinkware Product Barware Fluid
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can Ingredient
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can Drink

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
Saturday’s first beer. Another good one from Waterloo Brewing. This is not your typical IPA, or at least not like most I’ve tried so far. It’s very malty and sweet with a lower hop flavour and no bitterness. It’s more like an amber ale than any IPA I’ve had so far. All that said, it is good. 👍

Side note...I’ve had these Iron Maiden pint glasses for a year now and I just noticed that day that Eddie‘s face is etched into the base when you’re looking down from above. 😆
Liquid Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Fluid
Fluid Liquid Drink Font Drinkware
Hand Liquid Tin Beverage can Green
Font Terrestrial plant Rectangle Grass Parallel
Tableware Drinkware Tin Beer Beverage can

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
Saturday’s second beer while we watched E.T. with the kids. We didn’t even know it was the 40th anniversary of its release. Strange coincidence. 🤷‍♂️👽

I’d never tried Sapporo before and I had bought this one a while back so I figured I should get it out of the fridge. It was okay. A clean and crisp lager and nothing too exciting. The star on the pull tab is a neat detail.
Tin Hand Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can
Finger Font Material property Gas Magenta
Rim Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Tin can Canning
Drinkware Tableware Tin Beer Aluminum can

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
Sunday afternoon I started off with a Sweetgrass golden ale that I bought at the LCBO recently but it had gone bad and when I looked at the date code it was June 7, 2021. 😡

So after dumping that loss I cracked open this Vimy pale ale. It is hoppy with noticeable bitterness (more than I was expecting with a 30 IBU rating) but I didn’t taste much in the way of citrus notes. Not sure I’ll revisit this one anytime soon but it was okay as a slow sipper for me.
Beverage can Drink Alcoholic beverage Drinkware Font
Hand Fluid Finger Gas Font
Tableware Drinkware Beer Beer glass Barware

·
Super Moderator
31,630 Posts
Had to go to Chambly, Quebec on Friday for some family business. While there I stopped by the Unibroue brewery to see if they had a store...they did not. But before leaving town I stopped at a grocery store and found what I was looking for and a few others to try. I found the two collab brews Unibroue did with Dave Mustaine from Megadeth. That contract is coming to an end so I was glad to find some of each to try. 👍🤘

I also found their blueberry version of Blanche de Chambly which I’ve read good reviews about. I like their original version and that’s the beer that got me into citrusy beers.

I picked up a few other Unibroue offerings as well as some other Quebec beers that were reasonably priced. Most of the beers on the shelf were $4.00-$5.50 per can! 😮

View attachment 2000531 View attachment 2000538 View attachment 2000532 View attachment 2000535 View attachment 2000536 View attachment 2000533 View attachment 2000534 View attachment 2000537 View attachment 2000539
I sure hope you keep a display of all the empties - there is some pretty decent artwork on a lot of those cans. I think an empties display would be flipping cool in a bar/garage/man cave.

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
I sure hope you keep a display of all the empties - there is some pretty decent artwork on a lot of those cans. I think an empties display would be flipping cool in a bar/garage/man cave.
I keep some of the more interesting ones but most get crushed and returned for the 10 cent deposit. That said, I have about $30 worth of cans waiting to be returned. 😳😆

The Megadeth ones will be going on display though!

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
Last night I tried one of the Unibroues I picked up in Chambly, QC on Friday. It’s light and not overly strong in taste or citrus/fruit flavouring but the hops and 45 IBUs are definitely there. I’m still not a bitter beer person but this is manageable (although I’m a little nervous about the other Unibroue IPL I got with it that’s labelled with 60 IBU 😮😆). Decent beer overall and one outside my normal comfort zone so it was fun to try something different.
Tin Hand Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can
Hand Liquid Green Fluid Drink
Beer Tableware Tin Beverage can Drinkware

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
Why did the chicken man cross the road?

I have no idea, but I’m glad he did. This is a very pleasant and light tasting pale ale. It has a slight bitterness on the finish but nothing that most beer drinkers couldn’t handle.

It paired well with my dinner of leftover BBQ chicken, steamed broccoli and fresh cheese curds. 👍
Bicycle Tire Tin Wheel Beverage can
Tin Green Liquid Terrestrial plant Font
Green Liquid Finger Beverage can Font
Font Terrestrial plant Publication Plastic wrap Cylinder
Tableware Beer Drinkware Beer glass Tin

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
So coming into this one I was admittedly a little nervous due to the 60 IBU rating and compared to the 45 IBU Unibroue IPL I had a few days ago (which was not too bad but definitely had a significant bitterness).

Well all my hesitations disappeared after the first sip. Even though this one is rated higher, the bitterness is much lower throughout compared to the previous IPL. It catches you on the very end of the finish, if that makes sense, but it’s still not as prominent as with the other one. This one is very pleasant and surprisingly light for a 6.2% beer.

That said, I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up more of either one the next time I’m on the Quebec side. 👍
Hand Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can
Tin Aluminum can Tin can Fluid Beverage can
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Beer Tin can

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
I’m a little disappointed in this one. I’m not finding much flavour with it, to be honest. It’s light and the hops bitterness is there, but it’s unfortunately pretty bland and I’m not getting any of the citrus notes that Untappd suggested were there. As far as I can tell the canning date was late March but I’ve had IPAs older than that with more flavour. I have one of their pale ales in the lineup so hopefully that one has more to it.

The ghost images of the hops on the can are a neat touch though.
Hand Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can
Hand Finger Cylinder Material property Thumb
Plant Packaging and labeling Font Electric blue Ingredient
Tin Liquid Beverage can Beer Tin can
Tableware Beer Drinkware Barware Highball glass

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
Vic and Eddie are partying tonight! 🤘🤘🤘

I’ve been waiting to try this one for a long time and I’m not disappointed. It’s very good. Light and slightly hoppy. There’s a hint of spice/cloves (I’m assuming from the Belgian style yeast) but it’s not overpowering; just enough to know it’s there. This is very refreshing. I’m glad I got more than one but am now wishing I’d picked up more than four! It’s too bad this collaboration is coming to an end because they did a great job with it. 👍
Tin Bottle Liquid Beverage can Beer
Brown Gesture Font Alcoholic beverage Material property
Tableware Drinkware Beer Tin Beer glass

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
76,425 Posts
I decided to let Vic and Eddie keep the party going...

This one is okay. I will say I much prefer the Saison 13 (and still wish I’d bought more! 🙄) but this is a decent lighter beer. Anyone used to drinking the usual macro light beers like Coors, Blue, Miller, etc. could easily drink this one. It’s not as strong in flavour as the Saison 13 but it definitely has some floral notes. What I did notice though is it is very carbonated which gives it some bite on the tongue, which is another reason it reminds me of the light macro brews.
Bottle Drinkware Liquid Tableware Beer
Bottle Liquid Glass bottle Fluid Drink
Bottle Drinkware Liquid Tableware Beer

1261 - 1280 of 1330 Posts