Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father want a new sled. he looks for the 660 turbo bearcat. is it a good choice?
My father does not need lot of performance... he just want to work with his new sled. he had a poo widetrack. what about reliability? durability of the 660T?
write all of what did you heard...
sry for the bad english, i speak french, not english

·
Registered
933 Posts
i would go with the skidoo skandic

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
My dad has a 600 skandic SUV and my brother in law has a 600 expidition. The skandic is lighter then the barecat and i have seen him go past a barecat 660 in deep snow and going up hills. The 600 expidition has a little more on the top end but is heavier then the skandic, not as heavy as the bearcat though. So yeah I would deffienately go with either a Skandic or Expidition, they have awesome towing capibilities and the 1 1/4 inch track hooks in good in snow.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is lot of person who speak about some poo and artic-scrap and no one said: if he doesnt want a ski-doo ur on the wrong site man
sorry... i thought that it had few person who was enough gentle to help me...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hey man im tryin to help, the skandic is the best choice, but if he dosn't want a skidoo then I have no idea what to tell you. I know the bearcat is probably the best touring machine in the utilityclass and has decent gas milage but it's just to heavy to be an efficient work sled.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My wife and I are both Dooers, but my Father In Law bought a 600 & Brother In Law bought a 660 Turbo. They wont admit that they are SSSLLLOOOWWW, but Ive driven both and the 660 is slow, but the turbo in my opinion is even worse because youre always dealing with a HUGE Turbo lag. If he has to go four stroke Id say Yamalog. MUCH Better than anyone elses 4 stroke offering. Im not saying this because wife & I own Doos, but just an honest opinion from someone that has ridden both. They are quiet, and kind of comfy, but if youre looking for the thrill of acceleration, or enormous top speed...look elsewhere.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry just noticed I wrote that Father In Law rides a 600...my mistake its a 660 Non-Turbo, and Brother In Law is the 660 Turbo. As far as reliability, the base engine Im sure is ok..its a 4stroke, that has automotive application heritage. But theres ALOT (read Doo) of 2 strokes that are reliable, and FUN! Theres also ALOT (read Yamaha) 4 strokes that are reliable & FUN!

·
Registered
286 Posts
i wasnt trying to be rude about the your on the wrong site, it s just that people on here will have alot more ski-doo info than they would about arcticcat

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Have him check out the yamaha VK Professional, it has the 3 cylinder 4-Stroke engine. The only thing I have heard about them is that they are a little bit tippy.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The VK proffesional is the heaviest out of em all I think, theres two around here and I haven't heard any complaints about em other the the weight and that there tippy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my father receive his new bearcat yesterday... it s as powerful as a skandic for sur... i was very surprised.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts